Virginia During the Twentieth Century Escape Room
In this Virginia Studies 20th Century Escape Room, students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study Virginia in the 20th century when their time machine malfunctions! The only way to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete seven challenges.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview images!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
- Virginia’s shift from a rural, agricultural society to a more urban, industrialized society
- Women’s suffrage
- The Great Depression and the New Deal
- The desegregation of public schools and the Massive Resistance movement
- Important Virginians (Maggie L. Walker, Harry F. Byrd, Oliver W. Hill, Arthur R. Ashe, A. Linwood Holton, and L. Douglas Wilder)
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- Assembling puzzles to identify important Virginians
- Decoding information about Virginia’s public schools in the twentieth century
- Using a map to identify Virginia regions that saw growth in the twentieth century
- Identifying true and false facts about Virginia during the twentieth century
- Matching people, terms, and events to their descriptions to create secret codes
Are students able to complete any escape room activities digitally?
An option is provided for students to submit their final code through Google Forms. When using this option, students can self-check their work. If you do not have access to technology in your classroom, an option is also provided for students to check their work on paper.
What standards are covered?
This Virginia Studies 20th Century Escape Room is specifically aligned with Virginia Studies SOL VS.9.
Don’t miss out!
Students will love completing the activities in this 20th Century Escape Room at the end of their Virginia Studies unit or before state testing! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and use in your classroom.
Want to save money?
This Virginia During the Twentieth Century Escape Room is included in my Virginia Studies Escape Rooms Bundle for a discounted price!
More Virginia Studies Escape Rooms:
- Virginia Regions Escape Room
- Virginia Indians Escape Room
- Jamestown Escape Room
- Colonial Virginia Escape Room
- Virginia in the American Revolution Escape Room
- A New Nation Escape Room
- Civil War Escape Room
- Reconstruction Escape Room
- Virginia’s Government and Economy Escape Room
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.