Virginia Studies: Reconstruction Escape Room
In this Virginia Studies Reconstruction Escape Room, students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study the Reconstruction of Virginia when their time machine malfunctions! The only way to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete six challenges.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
- Problems Virginians faced during Reconstruction
- Steps taken to solve the problems created by the Civil War
- Segregation and Jim Crow laws
- The importance of railroads, new industries, and cities to Virginia’s economic development
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- Decoding information about Virginia’s economy after the Civil War
- Unscrambling information about the Reconstruction of Virginia
- Decoding Jim Crow laws
- Identifying true and false facts about the Reconstruction of Virginia
- Matching people, terms, and events to their descriptions to create secret codes
Are students able to complete any escape room activities digitally?
An option is provided for students to submit their final code through Google Forms. When using this option, students can self-check their work. If you do not have access to technology in your classroom, an option is also provided for students to check their work on paper.
What standards are covered?
This Virginia Studies Reconstruction Escape Room is specifically aligned with Virginia Studies SOL VS.8.
Don’t miss out!
Students will love completing the activities in this Reconstruction of Virginia Escape Room at the end of their Virginia Studies unit or before state testing! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and use in your classroom.
Want to save money?
This Virginia Studies: Reconstruction Escape Room is included in my Virginia Studies Escape Rooms Bundle for a discounted price!
More Virginia Studies Escape Rooms:
- Virginia Regions Escape Room
- Virginia Indians Escape Room
- Jamestown Escape Room
- Colonial Virginia Escape Room
- Virginia in the American Revolution Escape Room
- A New Nation Escape Room
- Civil War Escape Room
- Virginia During the 20th Century Escape Room
- Virginia’s Government and Economy Escape Room
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.