Jamestown Escape Room
In this Virginia Studies Jamestown Escape Room, students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study the first permanent English settlement at Jamestown when their time machine malfunctions! The only way to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete seven challenges.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview images!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
- The reasons for English colonization
- The economic and geographic influences on the decision to settle at Jamestown
- The charters of the Virginia Company of London
- The General Assembly
- The arrival of Africans and women at Jamestown
- The hardships experienced by the settlers at Jamestown and the changes that took place to ensure their survival
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- Assembling puzzles to identify people who played a role in the survival of Jamestown and its settlers
- Decoding a John Smith quote
- Decoding information about important events at Jamestown
- Identifying true and false facts about Jamestown
- Matching people and events to their descriptions to create secret codes
Are students able to complete any escape room activities digitally?
An option is provided for students to submit their final code through Google Forms. When using this option, students can self-check their work. If you do not have access to technology in your classroom, an option is also provided for students to check their work on paper.
What standards are covered?
This Virginia Studies Jamestown Escape Room is specifically aligned with Virginia Studies SOL VS.3.
Don’t miss out!
Students will love completing the activities in this Jamestown Escape Room! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and use in your classroom.
More Virginia Studies Escape Rooms:
- Colonial Virginia Escape Room
- Virginia in the American Revolution Escape Room
- A New Nation Escape Room
- Civil War Escape Room
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.