Virginia Studies Curriculum Bundle
This Virginia Studies Curriculum Bundle comes with EVERY lesson and activity needed to teach Virginia Studies for an ENTIRE YEAR at a discounted price!
Each Virginia Studies unit is hands-on and incorporates LOTS of critical thinking and literacy skills. Examples of hands-on activities include simulation activities, project-based learning, games, and foldables. All units include teacher lesson plans with the objective, key vocabulary, materials needed, and step-by-step instructions for implementing the lesson. Lessons are created for teachers on a budget featuring inexpensive, easy to find materials such as brown paper bags, yarn, and coloring materials. A timeline and a table of contents are also included with each unit to simplify the planning process. Answer keys are included throughout.
What is included in this Virginia Studies Curriculum Bundle?
This Virginia Studies Curriculum Bundle includes 990+ pages and 54 lessons, featuring:
- 120+ Worksheets
- 56 Interactive timeline cards
- 50 Close reading passages with comprehension questions (presented in both PDF and digital formats)
- 45 Entry/Exit Tickets
- 40 Hands-On Activities
- 30 Sorts/Foldables
- 23 Group Activities
- 23 Word Wall Cards
- 19 Writing Activities
- 10 Quizzes
- 10 Tests
- 3 Research Projects
- 3 Simulation Games
- 2 Games
- 1 Song
- 1 Lapbook
What Virginia Studies units are included?
This Virginia Studies Curriculum Bundle includes 10 SOL-aligned units.
- Regions of Virginia Unit
- Virginia Indians Unit
- Jamestown Unit
- Colonial Virginia Unit
- Virginia in the American Revolution Unit
- A New Nation Unit
- Virginia in the Civil War Unit
- Reconstruction of Virginia Unit
- 20th and 21st Centuries Unit
- Virginia’s Government, Geography, and Economy Unit
What Virginia SOLs are covered?
Each unit is specifically aligned with the Virginia Studies Standards of Learning (SOLs). Units have been updated to reflect the changes made to the SOLs in 2015. Standards included:
VS.2, VS.3, VS.4, VS.5, VS.6, VS.7, VS.8, VS.9, & VS.10
(The skills and topics covered in VS.1 are included throughout the ten units)
Can any activities be completed digitally?
All of the passages and comprehension questions, most worksheets and sorts, the quiz, and the test within this Virginia Studies Curriculum Bundle are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides. Video tutorials are also included to help you share interactive Google Slides with your students.
What are other buyers saying?
- “I absolutely love this resource! Used it for the past 2 years and the kids and I both love the material and the way it is presented! Thanks!” (Arissa A.)
- “I found out I was teaching VA studies next year, and I instantly went to Pinterest and TPT… I was eyeing this product for SO long, and waited because it is a little expensive. I finally decided to purchase it and I am not disappointed! Everything I need to teach VA studies! Plus, it’s not just worksheets; there’s a lot of hands-on activities as well. There’s so much in this bundle, it’s worth it!” (Torye)
- “This is the best Virginia Studies resource I have used! I LOVE IT!” (Traylor P.)
- “This provides everything that’s needed to teach 4th grade Virginia Studies. I was not satisfied with the textbook selection available. I’m very thankful to have found everything I needed in one place. ” (Monica R.)
- “We are enjoying this resource so much! The text pages are so accessible for a wide range of reading skills. I have taught this class many times and this year it is such a joy to use your resources! Thanks!” (Lacey Y.)
- “Great resource! Love the hands-on activities provided! Thank you!” (Bethany W.)
Don’t miss out!
Why spend hours planning your Virginia Studies lessons when you can have everything done for you? Best of all, students will enjoy completing all of the hands-on activities in these Virginia Studies units!
More Virginia Studies resources:
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.