Early American Government Escape Room
In Early American Government Escape Room students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study the Articles of Confederation and the U.S. Constitution when their time machine malfunctions! The only way to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete seven challenges.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview images!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
- Problems with the Articles of Confederation
- The Constitutional Convention
- The Great Compromise
- The Preamble to the Constitution
- The Articles of the U.S. Constitution
- The Bill of Rights
- The first presidents of the United States
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- Decoding messages to read the Preamble, summaries of the Constitution’s Articles, and problems with the Articles of Confederation
- Matching amendment numbers to summaries of the amendments
- Identifying and ordering of the first presidents
- Reading information to determine the outcome of the Great Compromise
- Matching important people and events related to the U.S. Constitution to the correct descriptions
- Creating codes with given information
Are students able to complete any escape room activities digitally?
An option is provided for students to submit their final code through Google Forms. When using this option, students can self-check their work. If you do not have access to technology in your classroom, an option is also provided for students to check their work on paper.
What standards are covered?
This Early American Government Escape Room is specifically aligned with Virginia SOL USI.7 but also covers most U.S. History standards related to early American government and the U.S. Constitution.
Don’t miss out!
Students will love completing the activities in this Early American Government Escape Room! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and use in your classroom.
Want to save money?
This Early American Government Escape Room is included in my U.S. History Escape Rooms Bundle for a discounted price!
More U.S. History escape rooms:
- Native Americans Escape Room
- Early Explorers Escape Room
- Colonial America Escape Room
- American Revolution Escape Room
- Westward Expansion Escape Room
- Civil War Escape Room
If you would like more information about using classroom escape rooms, check out my blog post “Create the Perfect Classroom Escape Room.”
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.
There are no reviews yet.