Native Americans Escape Room
In Native Americans Escape Room students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study the first Americans when their time machine malfunctions! The only way to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete six challenges.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
- Inuit (Arctic)
- Lakota (Great Plains)
- Kwakiutl (Northwest Coast)
- Pueblo (Southwest)
- Iroquois (Eastern Woodland)
- The geographical characteristics of the regions were each group of Native Americans lived
- The types of shelter created by each group of Native Americans
- The differences between natural, human, and capital resources
- Examples of natural, human, and capital resources used by the early Native Americans
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- Locating where groups of Native Americans lived on a map
- Matching each group of Native Americans to a description of the geography and climate where they lived
- Solving puzzles to show the types of shelter built by different groups of Native Americans
- Decoding information about natural, human, and capital resources
- Decoding information about the geographical locations where different groups of Native Americans lived
- Matching Native American tribes and terms to the correct descriptions
Are students able to complete any escape room activities digitally?
An option is provided for students to submit their final code through Google Forms. When using this option, students can self-check their work. If you do not have access to technology in your classroom, an option is also provided for students to check their work on paper.
What standards are covered?
This Native Americans Escape Room is specifically aligned with Virginia SOL USI.3b-c but also covers most U.S. History standards related to the first Americans.
Don’t miss out!
Students will love completing the activities in this Native Americans Escape Room! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and use in your classroom.
Want to save money?
This Native Americans Escape Room is included in my U.S. History Escape Rooms Bundle for a discounted price!
More U.S. History escape rooms:
- Early Explorers Escape Room
- Colonial America Escape Room
- American Revolution Escape Room
- Early American Government Escape Room
- Westward Expansion Escape Room
- Civil War Escape Room
If you would like more information about using classroom escape rooms, check out my blog post “Create the Perfect Classroom Escape Room.”
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.