Virginia Studies: A New Nation Escape Room
In this Virginia Studies A New Nation Escape Room, students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study the role of Virginia in the establishment of the new American nation when their time machine malfunctions! The only way to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete six challenges.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview images!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
- George Washington
- James Madison
- George Mason
- Thomas Jefferson
- The Virginia Declaration of Rights
- The Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom
- Reasons why Virginians migrated to other states and territories in the early 1800s
What escape room activities are included:
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- Assembling puzzles to find codes
- Decoding excerpts from the Virginia Declaration of Rights and the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom
- Solving puzzles with information about famous Virginians
- Unscrambling information about the migration of Virginians
- Matching important people and terms to their descriptions to create secret codes
Are students able to complete any activities digitally?
An option is provided for students to submit their final code through Google Forms. When using this option, students can self-check their work. If you do not have access to technology in your classroom, an option is also provided for students to check their work on paper.
What standards are covered?
This A New Nation Escape Room is specifically aligned with Virginia Studies SOL VS.6.
Don’t miss out!
Students will love completing the activities in this A New Nation Escape Room at the end of their Virginia Studies unit or before state testing! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and use in your classroom.
Want to save money?
This A New Nation Escape Room is included in my Virginia Studies Escape Rooms Bundle for a discounted price!
More Virginia Studies Escape Rooms:
- Virginia Regions Escape Room
- Virginia Indians Escape Room
- Jamestown Escape Room
- Colonial Virginia Escape Room
- Virginia in the American Revolution Escape Room
- Civil War Escape Room
- Reconstruction Escape Room
- Virginia During the 20th Century Escape Room
- Virginia’s Government and Economy Escape Room
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.