Virginia in the American Revolution Escape Room
In this Virginia Studies Virginia in the American Revolution Escape Room, students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study the role of Virginia in the American Revolution when their time machine malfunctions! The only way to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete seven challenges.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
- Reasons why the colonies went to war with Great Britain
- The Declaration of Independence
- The roles of Virginians in the American Revolution
- Important people in the Revolutionary War (George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, The Marquis de Lafayette, James Lafayette)
- The American victory at Yorktown and the Treaty of Paris
- Reasons for moving the capital from Williamsburg to Richmond
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- Decoding information about why the capital was moved from Williamsburg to Richmond
- Decoding an excerpt from the Declaration of Independence
- Solving puzzles with information about famous Virginians during the American Revolution
- Matching people, places, and events to their descriptions
- Unscrambling information about the roles of Virginians in the Revolutionary War
- Identifying true and false facts about Virginia in the American Revolution
- Matching locations and terms to their descriptions to create secret codes
Are students able to complete any escape room activities digitally?
An option is provided for students to submit their final code through Google Forms. When using this option, students can self-check their work. If you do not have access to technology in your classroom, an option is also provided for students to check their work on paper.
What standards are covered?
This Virginia in the American Revolution Escape Room is specifically aligned with Virginia Studies SOL VS.5.
Don’t miss out!
Students will love completing the activities in this Virginia in the American Revolution Escape Room! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and use in your classroom.
More Virginia Studies Escape Rooms:
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.