Colonial Virginia Escape Room
In this Virginia Studies Colonial Virginia Escape Room, students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study life and culture of colonial Virginia when their time machine malfunctions! The only way to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete six challenges.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview images!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
- The importance of agriculture and its influence on the institution of slavery
- How the culture of colonial Virginia reflected the origins of its immigrants (American Indians, English, Germans, Scots-Irish, and Africans)
- The reasons for moving the capital from Jamestown to Williamsburg
- Economics in colonial Virginia (barter, credit, debt, savings, cash crop, etc.)
- Food, housing, and clothing in colonial Virginia
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- Using a key to determine where immigrant groups settled on a map of Virginia
- Matching economic terms to their descriptions to create a secret code
- Decoding information about why the capital was moved from Jamestown to Williamsburg
- Solving puzzles to learn about food, housing, and clothing in colonial Virginia
- Identifying true and false facts about colonial Virginia
- Matching locations and terms to their descriptions to create secret codes
Are students able to complete any escape room activities digitally?
An option is provided for students to submit their final code through Google Forms. When using this option, students can self-check their work. If you do not have access to technology in your classroom, an option is also provided for students to check their work on paper.
What standards are covered?
This Virginia Studies Colonial Virginia Escape Room is specifically aligned with Virginia Studies SOL VS.4.
Don’t Miss Out!
Students will love completing the activities in this Colonial Virginia Escape Room! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and use in your classroom.
Want to save money?
This Colonial Virginia Escape Room is included in my Virginia Studies Escape Rooms Bundle for a discounted price!
More Virginia Studies Escape Rooms:
- Virginia Regions Escape Room
- Virginia Indians Escape Room
- Jamestown Escape Room
- Virginia in the American Revolution Escape Room
- A New Nation Escape Room
- Civil War Escape Room
- Reconstruction Escape Room
- Virginia During the 20th Century Escape Room
- Virginia’s Government and Economy Escape Room
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.