Force and Motion Unit
Are you looking for engaging force and motion lessons and activities? Look no further! This Force and Motion Unit provides everything you need! Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities found in this unit.
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will students investigate with this Force and Motion Unit?
- How a force creates motion
- How to describe the motion of an object
- The difference between potential and kinetic energy
- How changes in motion are related to force and mass
- The transfer of energy that occurs when objects collide
- What friction is and how friction affects the motion of an object
What comes in this Force and Motion Unit?
- 10 Worksheets
- 6 Entry/exit tickets
- Matching Game
- Lots of engaging, hands-on activities and experiments
- 2 Sets of Word Wall Cards: One set of word wall cards with pictures and another set with only the term on each card. 20 word wall cards total.
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities and experiments included within this set and provides links to websites featuring videos of concepts being taught.
- Answer keys
What are key terms used throughout the unit?
- Kinetic energy
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this Force and Motion Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This Force and Motion Unit closely aligns with most science standards related to teaching conservation. It is also aligned with both the 2010 and 2018 Virginia science SOLs. It is aligned with science SOL 4.2 if using the 2010 standards and science SOL 5.3 if using the 2018 standards.
What are other buyers saying about this science unit?
- “These are the best units ever! They save me so much time with planning, and the interactive lessons and activities are so much fun! My students especially loved the force and motion experiments, like creating launchers and testing them out on different PE objects outside!” (Annie P.)
- “This is an EXCELLENT resource for force and motion. The test included is thorough and has the rigor I am looking for.” (anonymous teacher)
- “This resource matched the standards on a teacher standpoint. It was also engaging and fun for the students.” (Michael P.)
- “It’s literally everything you’ll need!” (Brooke L.)
- “This was a lot of fun. My students enjoyed the labs and they experienced everything they needed to in order to understand the concepts.” (Sheri N.)
- “Students had fun learning about force and motion with the experiments in this resource!” (Yolanda G.)
- “This was a lot of fun. My students enjoyed the labs and they experienced everything they needed to in order to understand the concepts.” (Valerie T.)
- “These are very well thought out resources. My kids loved the experiments and the data recording sheets were perfect for them to reflect on their observations.” (Michele T.)
- “Absolutely perfect! My students are so excited to complete these STEM activities! Thank you!” (Teresa G.)
Want to save money?
This Force and Motion Unit is included in my 5th Grade Science Unit Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t Miss Out!
This Force and Motion Unit is perfect if you are low on planning time or have no idea where to begin! Students will also have fun learning the information as they complete all of the activities!
More science resources:
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.