Force and Motion Task Cards
Are you looking for a fun way to review force and motion? I’ve got the best low-prep review tool for you! Students will love reviewing with these Force and Motion Task Cards!
Click the product images at the top of the page for a closer look at these task cards.
- What is kinetic energy and examples of kinetic energy
- The motion of an object
- Changes in motion related to force and mass
- The transfer of energy that occurs when objects collide
- What is friction
- Changes in motion caused by friction
- 28 Task cards
- Student response worksheet
- 1 Google Form
- Answer key
This resource includes two sets of PDF Force and Motion Task Cards. One set has a colorful background and the other set has an all-white background. The questions are the same on both sets of task cards.
What types of questions are asked?
Questions model what students will see on a test, including:
- Multiple choice
- Multiple select
- Fill in the blank
- Open-end questions
How can I use these task cards?
- Science centers
- Review game
- Early finishers
- Daily review at the start of a science lesson
What standards are covered?
These Force and Motion Task Cards closely align with most science standards related to teaching light. They are also aligned with both the 2010 and 2018 Virginia science SOLs. They are aligned with science SOL 4.2 if using the 2010 standards and science SOL 5.3 if using the 2018 standards.
Is a digital version included?
This Force and Motion Task Cards resource includes BOTH a digital version and a PDF version. The digital version can be accessed through Google Forms and allows students to easily self-check their work. You can also use the Google Forms task cards to track student progress.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Forms. You’ll then share that file with your students.
What Other Buyers Are Saying:
- “I loved the motion task cards. They are a welcome sight for Science centers or for early finishers.” (Magdalena A.)
- “This as a Scoot was great! My students loved it!” (Deanna S.)
- “This was a quick, easy way to assess student understanding.” (Jeanette K.)
- “These are a great resource for my students learning about potential and kinetic energy. I like that different styles of questions are included.” (anonymous seller)
- “Great Resource!” (Jordan L.)
- “Easy to implement!” (Kendra M.)
Want to save money?
These Force and Motion Task Cards are included in my 5th Grade Science Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t Miss Out!
These Force and Motion Task cards are the perfect review tool! In addition, they are low-prep and easy to use throughout the year. Your students will have a blast reviewing what they have learned or preparing for end of the year testing with these task cards!
More science resources:
- Force and Motion Unit
- Force and Motion Jeopardy Game
- Force and Motion Escape Room
- 5th Grade Science Unit Bundle
I recommend printing these task cards in color and laminating so that they can easily be reused from year to year, although this is not necessary. These task cards also print and are easy to read in grayscale.
Check about my blog post all about task cards for games and activities you can play with these task cards!
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.