Water Cycle Task Cards
These Water Cycle Task Cards are a fun, low-prep tool for reviewing the water cycle and sources of water! Using these task cards, you will save time planning your review activity and students will have fun reviewing what they have learned!
Click the images at the top of the page for a closer look at these task cards.
- The parts of the water cycle (evaporation, condensation, precipitation)
- The sun is the source of energy that fuels the water cycle
- Water sources (rivers, lakes, oceans, wells)
- Examples of water pollution and conservation
- 28 Task cards
- Student response worksheet
- 1 Google Form
- Answer key
This resource includes two sets of PDF Water Cycle Task Cards. One set has a colorful background and the other set has an all-white background. The questions are the same on both sets of task cards.
What types of questions are asked?
Questions model what students will see on a test, including:
- Multiple choice
- Fill in the blank
- Open-end questions
How can I use these task cards?
- Science centers
- Review game
- Early finishers
- Daily review at the start of a science lesson
What standards are covered?
These Water Cycle Task Cards closely align with most science standards related to teaching the water cycle and water sources. These task cards are also aligned with both the 2010 and 2018 Virginia science SOLs. They are aligned with science SOLs 3.9 if using the 2010 standards and science SOL 3.7 if using the 2018 standards.
Is a digital version included?
This Water Cycle Task Cards resource includes BOTH a digital version and a PDF version. The digital version can be accessed through Google Forms and allows students to easily self-check their work. You can also use the Google Forms task cards to track student progress.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Forms. You’ll then share that file with your students.
What are other buyers saying about these task cards?
- “Great preparation and review for my students’ assessment.” (Reagan M.)
- “Great end of unit review.” (Nicole T.)
- “I have bought many of your task cards and love them all.” (Nazira A.)
- “We used these as a SCOOT to get the kids up and moving. They worked in pairs and had some great discussion as they worked through the cards. Worked well as a quick check for learning.” (Amanda B.)
- “Great way to review learning!” (Cheryl Z.)
Want to save money?
These Water Cycle Task Cards are included in my 3rd Grade Science Task Cards Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t Miss Out!
These Water Cycle Task Cards are the perfect review tool! In addition, they are low-prep and easy to use throughout the year. Your students will love reviewing what they have learned or preparing for end of the year testing with these task cards!
More science resources:
- Water Cycle Unit
- Water Cycle Jeopardy Game
- 3rd Grade Science and Engineering Practices
- 3rd Grade Science Unit Bundle
I recommend printing these task cards in color and laminating so that they can easily be reused from year to year, although this is not necessary. These task cards also print and are easy to read in grayscale.
Check about my blog post all about task cards for games and activities you can play with these task cards!
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.