5th Grade Science Task Cards Bundle
This 5th Grade Science Task Cards Bundle provides fun, low-prep review activities to use at the end of each science unit or as an end of the year review! Using these task cards, you will save time planning your review activities and students will have fun reviewing what they have learned!
Click the product images at the top of the page for a closer look at this task card bundle.
What topics are covered?
The following sets are included in this 5th Grade Science Task Cards Bundle:
- Electricity and Magnets Task Cards
- Force and Motion Task Cards
- Forms of Energy Task Cards
- Sources of Energy Task Cards
- Geology Task Cards
- Light Task Cards
- Sound Task Cards
- Matter Task Cards
- More than 224 task cards
- Student response worksheets
- 8 Google Forms (digital task card sets)
- Answer keys
This resource includes two sets of PDF 5th Grade Science Task Cards. One set has a colorful background and the other set has an all-white background. The questions are the same on both sets of task cards.
What types of questions are asked?
Questions model what students will see on a test, including:
- Multiple choice
- Multiple select
- Fill in the blank
- Open-end questions
How can I use these task cards?
- Science centers
- Review game
- Early finishers
- Daily review at the start of a science lesson
- End of the year test prep
I find that I am able to get multiple uses out of each set by using them while I am teaching a unit. Then, I reuse them when we review for state testing at the end of the school year
What standards are covered?
This 5th Grade Science Task Card Bundle closely aligns with the fifth-grade science standards for many states, although it is specifically aligned with the Virginia science SOLs. The task cards are aligned with both the 2010 and the 2018 SOLs. The following 2018 Virginia science SOLs are covered:
5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 5.8, 5.9
Is a digital version included?
This 5th Grade Science Task Card Bundle includes BOTH digital versions and PDF versions of all 8 sets of task cards. The digital versions can be accessed through Google Forms. Use the digital versions to allow students to easily self-check their work and to track student progress.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the files in Google Forms. You’ll then share those files with your students.
What are other buyers saying?
- “Of all the task cards out there…these task cards are AMAZING! My students were able to do these task cards within a small group, and grade them for accuracy. They really helped them to overcome some misconceptions.” (Timothy L.)
- “I feel very strongly that this resource is high quality and well valued. This was such a good find! Thank you so much!” (Rebecca A.)
- “This is an amazing tool for all year and for testing review! Thank you!” (Christopher G.)
- “These task cards are really well made! I’m excited to have my students use them to review after each unit!” (Austin P.)
- “Great, interesting and informative resource. I’ll definitely be using it again this upcoming year.” (Adrian C.)
- “These were great! I bought them at the end of year to review for our science SOL, but will use them throughout the year next year!” (Kathleen G.)
- “I love using these task cards! I like the different answer choices and how it is similar to the SOL and isn’t all multiple choice.” (Michelle B.)
- “Well thought out! Good mix of easy and challenging questions. Great test review!” (anonymous buyer)
Don’t miss out!
This 5th Grade Science Task Card Bundle is the perfect review tool! The task cards are low-prep and easy to use throughout the year. Your students will love reviewing what they have learned or preparing for end of the year testing with these task cards!
I recommend printing these task cards in color and laminating so that they can easily be reused from year to year, although this is not necessary. These task cards also print and are easy to read in grayscale.
Check about my blog post all about task cards for games and activities you can play with these task cards!
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.