Force and Motion Escape Room
Are you looking for a fun way to review force and motion? Look no further! This Force and Motion Escape Room has everything you need! Whether teaching remotely or in-person, this classroom escape room is easy to set up and students will have lots of fun reviewing what they have learned!
In this Force and Motion Escape Room students find themselves trapped! The only way to escape is for students to successfully complete six challenges that require them to use critical thinking skills as they review science concepts.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
Using these escape room activities, students will review important concepts about force and motion. Topics covered:
- moving objects have kinetic energy
- motion is described by an object’s direction and speed
- changes in motion are related to net force and mass
- when objects collide, the contact forces energy to transfer and can change the objects’ motion
- friction is a force that opposes motion
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- using coordinates to review vocabulary and solve riddles
- analyzing a graph to answer questions and create a code
- identifying true statements about force and motion
- solving math problems to find a code
- decoding information about force and motion
- finding science terms to complete sentences
Is a digital version included?
This resource includes two versions of the escape room. The first version is a PDF escape room that can be completed in a classroom.
The second version is a digital escape room that can be completed in Google Forms. The digital escape room is self-checking so that students can review the answers to their work even when learning remotely.
What standards are covered?
This Force and Motion Escape Room is specifically aligned with the 2018 Virginia SOL 5.3 but also covers most standards related to force and motion.
Want to save money?
This escape room is included in my 5th Grade Science Escape Room Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t miss out!
Students will love completing the activities in this Force and Motion Escape Room! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and implement whether in-person or virtually.
More science resources:
- Force and Motion Unit
- Force and Motion Task Cards
- 5th Grade Science Unit Bundle
- 5th Grade Science Task Cards Bundle
- 4th Grade Science Escape Rooms Bundle
- 4th Grade Science Unit Bundle
- 4th Grade Science Task Cards Bundle
If you would like more information about using classroom escape rooms, check out my blog post “Create the Perfect Classroom Escape Room.”
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.