Virginia Studies: Reconstruction Task Cards
Virginia Studies: Reconstruction Task Cards are a great resource for reviewing concepts about Virginia during and after Reconstruction. Reconstruction Task Cards includes 28 task cards, 2 student response sheets, and an answer key. Questions are open-ended, multiple choice, and fill in the blank. Makes a great Virginia Studies center, scoot activity, or review game!
What will students review with these task cards?
Topics covered throughout these Reconstruction Task Cards:
- The problems Virginia faced during Reconstruction
- Efforts made to resolve problems during Reconstruction (The Freedmen’s Bureau and sharecropping)
- How African Americans gained rights during Reconstruction and lost many of those rights because of Jim Crow laws
- The effects of Jim Crow laws on African Americans and American Indians
- The effects of segregation and discrimination on Virginians
- How railroads, cities, and new industries contributed to the growth of Virginia after Reconstruction
What standards are covered?
These task cards are aligned with Virginia Studies SOL VS.8.
Is a digital version included?
This Virginia Studies: Reconstruction Task Cards resource includes BOTH a digital version and a PDF version. The digital version can be accessed through Google Forms and allows students to easily self-check their work. You can also use the Google Forms task cards to track student progress.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Forms. You’ll then share that file with your students.
Want to save money?
These task cards are included in the Virginia Studies Task Cards Bundle for a discounted price!
More Virginia Studies Resources:
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.
If you’re looking for ways to use task cards in your classroom, check out this blog post!