Are you looking for engaging lessons and activities that have to do with sound? Look no further! This Sound Unit provides everything you need! Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities.
To take a closer look at some of the activities included in this unit, check out the preview image at the top of this page!
What will students investigate with this Sound Unit?
- How sounds are formed
- Sound waves
- How sound moves through different forms of matter
- How different musical instruments produce sound
What comes in this Sound Unit?
- Entry/exit tickets
- Passage and questions
- Lots of engaging, hands-on activities and experiments
- 2 Sets of Word Wall Cards: One set of word wall cards with pictures and another set with only the term on each card.
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities and experiments included within this set and provides links to websites featuring videos of concepts being taught.
- Answer keys
What are key terms used throughout the unit?
- Compression Wave
- Mechanical Energy
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this Sound Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This Sound Unit closely aligns with most science standards related to teaching sound but it is specifically aligned to Virginia science SOL 5.5.
What are other buyers saying?
- “This is a perfect resource to prepare fifth-grade students for the VA Science SOL. It helps them not only to review concepts, but also to practice manipulating items on the computer (in preparation for TEI items). I’d highly recommend this to anyone looking for resources for fifth-grade science!” (Sarah P.)
- “FANTASTIC. Everything is laid out so nicely and step by step for the teacher. Great daily topics to teach. There’s such a wide range of activities and great short videos to supplement. I bought the Light Unit too. These are a must for any Sound Unit.” (Lynsey T.)
- “I LOVE all of your units! Everything I need is included. The kids always enjoy the activities and video links provided. I enjoy knowing that all the SOLs are properly covered and that you have done all of the hard work for me. Thanks!” (Angela F.)
- “All of your units are great! We are currently in the middle of our sound unit and the students are loving all of the activities we’re doing from this resource! I especially love that they align with our Virginia SOLs!” (Annie P.)
- “This had everything I needed! Thank you so much! You made my Sound unit so much easier!” (Lindsay H.)
- “This was a great resource, and provided a great deal of information.” (Holly G.)
- “Absolutely LOVE these units! They are wonderful to use with my self-contained special education students!!” (Deanna L.)
Want to save money?
This Sound Unit is included in my 5th Grade Science Unit Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t Miss Out!
This Sound Unit is perfect if you are low on planning time or have no idea where to begin! Students will also have fun learning the information as they complete all of the activities!
More science resources:
- Sound Task Cards
- Sound Jeopardy Game
- Sound Escape Room
- Sound Study Guide
- 5th Grade Science Task Cards Bundle
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.