Sound Study Guide and Review Worksheets
This Sound Study Guide resource includes three versions– one completed study guide, one for student completion with review worksheets, and one digital study guide. This Sound Study Guide will help students review the following science concepts: how sound is formed, how sound travels through different types of matter, pitch, mechanical energy, and how different musical instruments produce sound.
What concepts will students review with this Sound Study Guide?
With this study guide, students will review:
- How sounds are formed.
- That sound is a form of mechanical energy.
- How sound travels through different forms of matter.
- The relationship between vibrations and pitch.
- How different musical instruments produce sound.
Click the preview images near the top of the page to take a closer look at this Sound Study Guide!
What formats of the study guide are provided?
Three versions of this Sound Study Guide are included in this resource:
- Completed version- The Completed Study Guide is completely filled out. Just print and give to students.
- Study Guide for Student Completion- The Study Guide for Student Completion is similar to the Completed Study Guide but is missing some terms and includes questions for students to answer. This version also comes with two additional pages of questions related to the SOL. An answer key is provided for these pages.
- Digital Study Guide- The Digital Study Guide includes both the Completed Study Guide and the Study Guide for Student Completion in digital format (Google Slides). You can assign in Google Classroom or use this version with virtual or hybrid students
What science standards are covered?
This Sound Study Guide is specifically created to align with the 2018 Virginia Science SOL 5.5 although it also aligns with most science standards related to sound.
Don’t miss out!
This Sound Study Guide is an easy, no-prep way to review science skills at the end of the unit or before state testing!
Want to save money?
This science study guide is included in my 5th Grade Science SOL Study Guides Bundle for a discounted price. The bundle includes eight study guides to cover every 5th grade science SOL.
MORE SCIENCE RESOURCES:
- Sound Unit
- Sound Task Cards
- Sound Escape Room
- Sound Jeopardy Game
- 5th Grade Science Lessons Bundle
- 5th Grade Science Task Cards Bundle
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.