Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Task Cards
These Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Task Cards are a fun, low-prep tool for reviewing the different types of ecosystems! Using these task cards, you will save time planning your review activity and students will have fun reviewing what they have learned!
Click the images at the top of the page for a closer look at these task cards.
- Aquatic ecosystems (ponds, marshes, swamps, streams, rivers, and oceans)
- Terrestrial ecosystems (deserts, grasslands, rain forests, and forests)
- Living and nonliving things within different ecosystems
- Similarities and differences between types of ecosystems
- How a change in one part of a food chain can impact the rest of an ecosystem
These Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Task Cards also come with eight bonus task cards. These bonus task cards ask questions about the taiga, tundra, populations, and communities. These make a great extension activity or activity for advanced learners.
- 28 Task cards
- Student response worksheet
- 1 Google Form
- Answer key
- 8 Bonus task cards
This resource includes two sets of Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Task Cards. One set has a colorful background and the other set has an all-white background. The questions are the same on both sets of task cards.
What types of questions are asked?
Questions model what students will see on a test, including:
- Multiple choice
- Multiple select
- Fill in the blank
- Open-end questions
How can I use these task cards?
- Science centers
- Review game
- Early finishers
- Daily review at the start of a science lesson
What standards are covered?
These Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Task Cards closely align with most science standards related to teaching physical and behavioral animal adaptations. These task cards are also aligned with both the 2010 and 2018 Virginia science SOLs. They are aligned with science SOLs 3.5a and 3.6 if using the 2010 standards and science SOL 3.5 if using the 2018 standards.
Is a digital version included?
This Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Task Cards resource includes BOTH a digital version and a PDF version. The digital version can be accessed through Google Forms and allows students to easily self-check their work. You can also use the Google Forms task cards to track student progress.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Forms. You’ll then share that file with your students.
What other buyers are saying:
- “Great questions and I love how many of them included pictures. Very engaging resource! Used them as a stations activity.” (Kristin N.)
- “Love this resource. Cute, engaging and a thorough representation of the material.” (Traci B.)
- “Great way to review ecosystems!” (Harriett B.)
- “Thanks, this was a helpful resource.” (Wendy R.)
- “Great enhancement to the curriculum.” (Kathy L.)
- “This is great for stations or as a study tool before testing season. Thank you.” (Ebonie J.)
- “Fabulous product, very engaging and challenging!!!” (Nazira A.)
Want to save money?
These Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Task Cards are included in my 3rd Grade Science Task Cards Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t Miss Out!
These Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Task Cards are the perfect review tool! In addition, they are low-prep and easy to use throughout the year. Your students will love reviewing what they have learned or preparing for end of the year testing with these task cards!
More science resources:
- Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Unit
- 3rd Grade Science and Engineering Practices
- 3rd Grade Science Unit Bundle
I recommend printing these task cards in color and laminating so that they can easily be reused from year to year, although this is not necessary. These task cards also print and are easy to read in grayscale.
Check about my blog post all about task cards for games and activities you can play with these task cards!
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.