Living Organisms Unit
This Living Organisms Unit will provide you with lots of fun, hands-on activities for teaching characteristics of living organisms! With everything you need in this unit, you will save lots of time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities.
To take a closer look at some of the activities included in this unit, click preview images at the top of the page.
What will students investigate with these detailed lesson plans?
- Vascular and nonvascular plants
- Vertebrates and invertebrates
- Structural adaptations
- Behavioral adaptations
What comes in this Living Organisms Unit?
- 4 Detailed lesson plans
- Entry/exit tickets
- Lots of engaging, hands-on activities and experiments
- 2 Sets of Word Wall Cards: One set of word wall cards with pictures and another set with only the term on each card.
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities and experiments included within this set and provides links to websites featuring videos of concepts being taught.
- Answer keys
What key terms are used throughout the unit?
- Vascular Plant
- Nonvascular Plant
- Structural Adaptation
- Behavioral Adaptation
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets and the test within this Living Organisms Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This Living Organisms Unit closely aligns with most science standards related to teaching characteristics of living organisms, although it is specifically aligned to the 2010 Virginia science SOLs (5.5b-c).
What other buyers are saying:
- “Excellent resource, love the activities!” (Lori C.)
- “Again, all of your resources are thorough and detailed. I appreciate you including pictures of “how to” do things throughout the unit.” (Kristen C.)
- “Wonderful resource – very helpful!” (Ronda W.)
- “Great learning tools for students.” (Sonya F.)
- “Your resources are always wonderful and appropriate for my 5th graders.” (Noemi P.)
- “Great resource for my science instruction!” (Lacy A.)
Don’t Miss Out!
This Living Organisms Unit is perfect if you are low on planning time or have no idea where to begin! Students will also have fun learning the information as they complete all of the activities!
More science resources:
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.