Plant and Animal Structures Unit
Want to save time planning your Plant and Animal Structures Unit? This unit provides everything you need! Save precious planning time and your students will have a blast completing the activities, experiments, and games outlined in these lesson plans.
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will students investigate through these 8 detailed lesson plans?
- The role of photosynthesis in the survival of plants and animals
- The parts of a plant
- How sunlight affects plant growth
- The ways plants and animals obtain energy
- Plant and animal adaptations
What comes in this unit?
- 12 Worksheets
- 6 Entry/exit tickets
- 4 Experiments and demonstrations
- 4 Center activities
- 2 Sets of word wall cards: One set of word wall cards with pictures and another set with only the term on each card. 30 word wall cards total.
- 2 Passages with comprehension questions
- 2 Quizzes
- 2 Games
- 1 Research project
- 1 Test
- 1 Timeline of suggested activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities and experiments included within this unit and provides links to websites featuring videos of concepts being taught.
- Answer keys
What key terms are used throughout the unit?
Are digital resources included?
The worksheets, quizzes, and test within this unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This Plant and Animal Structures Unit is closely aligned to most science standards (including NGSS 4-LS1-1) related to plant and animal structures, although it is specifically aligned to the 2018 Virginia science SOL 4.2.
What are other buyers saying about this Plant and Animal Structures Unit?
- “These are the best units ever! They save me so much time with planning, and the interactive lessons and activities are so much fun! My class especially loved the activity that models pollination. Thank you!” (Annie P.)
- “Love this resource! It is engaging for the kids and covers the standard well.” (Sherry P.)
- “This was a perfect resource for this standard. Thank you.” (Carroll H.)
- “Amazing and comprehensive resource with engaging activities!” (anonymous buyer)
- “Loved this product.” (Samantha F.)
Want to save money?
This Plant and Animal Structures Unit is included in my 4th Grade Science Unit Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t Miss Out!
These lesson plans are perfect if you have to teach plant and animal structures and are low on planning time or have no idea where to begin! Students will also have fun learning the information as they complete all of the activities!
More science resources:
- Plant and Animal Structures Task Cards
- Plant and Animal Structures Jeopardy Game
- Plant and Animal Structures Escape Room
- 4th Grade Science Task Cards Bundle
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.