This Conservation Unit provides everything you need for teaching the impact of natural and human events and why conservation is important! With everything provided, you will save lots of time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities!
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview images at the top of the page.
What will students investigate with these detailed lesson plans?
- The impact of natural events such as fires, flooding, disease, and erosion on an ecosystem
- The impact humans have on air, water, and land
- Water consumption and the importance of water conservation
- Soil erosion and the importance of soil conservation
- How to create a conservation plan for their school or home
What comes in this Conservation Unit?
- 15 Worksheets
- 6 Entry/exit tickets
- 2 Research-based activities
- 1 Foldable
- 1 Close reading passage with comprehension questions
- 1 Test
- Lots of engaging, hands-on activities
- 2 Sets of Word Wall Cards: One set of word wall cards with pictures and another set with only the term on each card.
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities and experiments included within this set and provides links to websites featuring videos of concepts being taught.
- Answer keys
What key terms are used throughout this Conservation Unit?
- Human Impacts
- Natural Events
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets and the test within this Conservation Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This Conservation Unit closely aligns with most science standards related to teaching conservation. It is also aligned with both the 2010 and 2018 Virginia science SOLs. It is aligned with science SOL 3.10 if using the 2010 standards and science SOL 3.8 if using the 2018 standards.
What are other buyers saying about this science unit?
- “This is a hard topic to find additional resources for. I love the activities that you have included with this set! They are fun and engaging for the students!” (anonymous buyer)
- “Your science units are always my favorite! Thanks for another high quality, complete unit aligned with the SOLs! I can’t wait to use this with my students.” (Arianna T.)
- “Wonderful, easy-to-use resource. My students were able to work on this independently during an e-Learning day!” (Anne J.)
- “Great resource!” (Kathy C.)
- “I was having trouble finding materials for this standard. Thanks for a great resource!” (Elizabeth P.)
- “Love this! Very detailed and easy to use!” (Michelle S.)
- “An excellent resource. Highly recommend!” (Michelle B.)
Want to save money?
This Conservation Unit is included in my 3rd Grade Science Unit Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t Miss Out!
This Conservation Unit is perfect if you are low on planning time or have no idea where to begin! Students will also have fun learning the information as they complete all of the activities!
More science resources:
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.