Conservation Escape Room
Are you looking for a fun way to review conservation? Look no further! This Conservation Escape Room has everything you need! Whether teaching remotely or in-person, this classroom escape room is easy to set up and students will have lots of fun reviewing the ways humans can help or harm the environment!
In this Conservation Escape Room students find themselves trapped! The only way to escape is for students to successfully complete six challenges that require them to use critical thinking skills as they review science concepts.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
Using these escape room activities, students will review important concepts about the conservation of natural resources. Topics covered:
- Describe the effects of human practices on air, water, and habitats.
- Explain how conservation efforts can reduce the negative impacts of human activity on the environment.
- Describe the effects of natural events on the environment (forest fires, floods, hurricanes, erosion, etc.).
- Explain ways humans can reduce the negative impacts of natural events on the environment.
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- Match causes and effects.
- Identify true facts about pollution and calculate numbers related to those facts to create a code.
- Read a passage about water pollution and use a key to decode hidden information within the passage.
- Use clues and riddles to decode words and learn how natural events can harm the environment.
- Use a key to decode a list of ways humans can conserve resources.
- Sort examples of ways humans can harm the environment or conserve natural resources.
Is a digital version included?
This resource includes two versions of the same escape room. The first version is a PDF escape room that can be completed in a classroom. I like to create centers with each activity and allow students to rotate through the centers. Additional suggestions for how to set up and use the escape room in the classroom are provided with the resource.
The second version is a digital escape room that can be completed in Google Forms. The digital escape room is self-checking so that students can review the answers to their work even when learning remotely.
What standards are covered?
This Conservation Escape Room is specifically aligned with the 2018 Virginia SOL 3.8 but also covers most standards related to ways humans can harm the environment and conserve natural resources.
Where can I find more science escape rooms?
This escape room is included in my 3rd Grade Science Escape Rooms Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t miss out!
Students will love completing this Conservation Escape Room! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and implement whether teaching in-person or virtually.
MORE SCIENCE RESOURCES:
- Conservation Unit
- Conservation Jeopardy-Style Game
- 3rd Grade Science Lessons Bundle
- 3rd Grade Science Task Cards Bundle
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.