Conservation Study Guide and Review Worksheets
This Conservation Study Guide resource includes three versions– one completed study guide, one for student completion with review worksheets, and one digital study guide. This Conservation Study Guide will help students review the following science concepts: the effects of humans on the environment, the effects of natural events on the environment and ways humans can reduce those effects, and conservation.
What concepts will students review with this Conservation Study Guide?
With this study guide, students will review:
- The negative effects humans can have on the environment such as polluting, clearing land, over-fertilizing, and using fossil fuels.
- The effects of fires, flooding, erosion, tornadoes, and earthquakes on organisms and habitats.
- The ways humans can reduce the effects of fires, flooding, erosion, tornadoes, and earthquakes.
- The reasons why clean water, soil, land, and air are important for all life.
- Ways to conserve and reduce pollution. (water, soil/land, and air pollution are covered)
Click the preview images near the top of the page to take a closer look at this Conservation Study Guide!
What formats of the study guide are provided?
Three versions of this Conservation Study Guide are included in this resource:
- Completed version- The Completed Study Guide is completely filled out. Just print and give to students.
- Study Guide for Student Completion- The Study Guide for Student Completion is similar to the Completed Study Guide but is missing some terms and includes questions for students to answer. This version also comes with two additional pages of questions related to the SOL. An answer key is provided for these pages.
- Digital Study Guide- The Digital Study Guide includes both the Completed Study Guide and the Study Guide for Student Completion in digital format (Google Slides). You can assign in Google Classroom or use this version with virtual or hybrid students
What science standards are covered?
This Conservation Study Guide is specifically created to align with the 2018 Virginia Science SOL 3.8 although it also aligns with most science standards related to the effects of humans on the environment, the effects of natural events and ways humans can reduce those effects, and conservation.
Don’t miss out!
This Conservation Study Guide is an easy, no-prep way to review science skills at the end of the unit or before state testing!
WANT TO SAVE MONEY?
This science study guide is included in my 3rd Grade Science SOL Study Guides Bundle for a discounted price. The bundle includes seven study guides to cover every 3rd grade science SOL.
MORE SCIENCE RESOURCES:
- Conservation Unit
- Conservation Escape Room
- Conservation Jeopardy Game
- 3rd Grade Science Lesson Plans
- 3rd Grade Science Jeopardy Games Bundle
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.