Civil War Unit
Civil War Unit is a hands-on unit that combines history and language arts skills! Everything you need for teaching the Civil War can be found here!
What Will I Find in This Unit?
This Civil War Unit includes 6 detailed lesson plans. All lessons are hands-on and incorporate literacy skills. Students will investigate–
- Reasons for the Civil War
- Important figures during the Civil War
- Important battles of the Civil War
- How the Civil War ended
- Effects of the Civil War
This Civil War Unit also comes with:
- 15 Worksheets
- 6 Close Reading Passages & Comprehension Questions: All of the passages and questions can also be shared with students digitally and completed using Google Slides.
- 4 Group / Simulation Activities
- 2 Games
- 1 Foldable
- 1 Quiz
- 1 Test
- 1 Interactive Timeline Materials
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities included within this unit and provides links to websites featuring videos about concepts being taught.
- Answer keys included throughout
Students will become fully immersed in the Civil War as they play games, complete hands-on activities, and research past events!
Are Digital Resources Included?
All of the passages and comprehension questions, most worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this Civil War Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides. Video tutorials are also included to help you share interactive Google Slides with your students.
What Standards Are Covered?
While this Civil War Unit is specifically aligned with Virginia U.S. History SOL USI.9, it also closely matches most U.S. History standards related to teaching the Civil War.
What are other buyers saying about this resource:
- “Outstanding resource! I love the activities you incorporated!!” (Stephanie S.)
- “I am so grateful for these resources as I am a first year teacher. This has helped me so much!!” (Heather P.)
- “I have used this for our long distance learning experience. It was most helpful. The content was thorough without being over the top.” (Kristy K.)
You may also be interested in:
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.