U.S. History Escape Rooms Bundle Part 1
With each U.S. History Escape Room, students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study the people and events of U.S. History when their time machine malfunctions! The only way to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete several challenges that enable them to review important information and standards about past events in American history. These U.S. History escape rooms are a great way to engage students and to get them up and moving.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview!
What U.S. History escape rooms are included with this bundle?
U.S. History escape rooms included:
- Native Americans Escape Room
- Early Explorers Escape Room
- Colonial America Escape Room
- American Revolution Escape Room
- Early American Government Escape Room
- Westward Expansion Escape Room
- Civil War Escape Room
What escape room activities are included?
For each classroom escape room, students complete 6-7 activities. When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Examples of the types of activities students complete include:
- Assembling puzzles to find a secret code or identify important people in American history
- Decoding famous quotes and passages
- Solving puzzles and riddles
- Decoding and sorting information about important people and events
- Using keys to find information
- Locating places on maps to create secret codes
- Reading information about the past and drawing conclusions with that information
- Matching the causes and effects of important events
- Matching people, events, and legislation to their descriptions to create secret codes
Are students able to complete any escape room activities digitally?
For each escape room, an option is provided for students to submit their final code through Google Forms. When using this option, students can self-check their work. If you do not have access to technology in your classroom, an option is also provided for students to check their work on paper.
What standards are covered?
This U.S. History Escape Rooms Part I Bundle is specifically aligned with the following Virginia SOLs, although the escape rooms also match most U.S. History standards that begin with Native Americans and end with the Civil War.
Virginia SOLs Covered: USI.3, USI.4, USI.5, USI.6, USI.7, USI.8, USI.9
Don’t miss out!
This U.S. History Escape Rooms Bundle Part I is priced so that you get one escape room for FREE! Best of all, students will love studying and reviewing social studies with these U.S. History escape rooms! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and use in your classroom.
If you would like more information about using classroom escape rooms, check out my blog post “Create the Perfect Classroom Escape Room.”
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.
There are no reviews yet.