U.S. History Curriculum Part 1
Watch the video to take a closer look at the activities and lessons included in this U.S. History Curriculum!
What is Included as Part of This U.S. History Curriculum?
This U.S. History Curriculum includes seven engaging units. Each U.S. History unit is hands-on, incorporating lots of critical thinking and literacy skills.
All units include teacher lesson plans. Lessons are created for teachers on a budget featuring inexpensive, easy to find materials. A timeline and a table of contents are also included with each unit to simplify the planning process. Answer keys are included throughout.
This whole year U.S. History Curriculum includes 690+ pages and 46 lessons, featuring:
- Close reading passages with comprehension questions
- Project-based learning activities
- Simulation activities
- Foldables and sorts
- Center activities
- Interactive timeline cards
What Standards Are Covered?
This resource closely matches most U.S. History standards that begin with Native Americans and end with the Civil War, although it is specifically aligned with the following U.S. History I Virginia SOLs:
USI.3, USI.4a-b, USI.5, USI.6, USI.7, USI.8, USI.9
Are Digital Resources Included?
This U.S. History Curriculum comes with more than 40 passages with comprehension questions. All passages and questions can also be shared digitally and completed using Google Slides. Most worksheets and sorts, all the quizzes, and all the tests are also provided in BOTH digital and PDF formats.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides. Video tutorials have also been provided that show how to share interactive Google Slides with your students.
What Resources Are Included?
Within this U.S. History Curriculum bundle, you will find the following resources from Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom store:
- Early Explorers Unit
- Native Americans Unit
- Colonial America Unit
- American Revolution Unit
- Boston Massacre Investigation
- Constitution Unit
- Westward Expansion Unit
- Oregon Trail Board Game
- Civil War Unit
What Are Other Buyers Saying?
- “This product is AMAZING! It is so well organized, and has everything you could need to teach US History I. We just had US History I moved to our grade level, and this is exactly what we needed to have materials to teach with! Thank you so much!”
- “Worth every penny! A great bundle of resources to teach U.S. History.” (Katrina S.)
- “Amazing! This product offers so much information. They include passages, timelines and even word searches. This is a great add-on to your U.S. History lessons!” (Joann S.)
- “This is one of the best resources that I have purchased! If you teach Us History in Virginia, you need this! The lessons are well-planned and engaging. My students were engaged and enjoyed every lesson!” (Amy B.)
- “This has been a lifesaver in filling in the gaps in my curriculum. Worth the price – it is great quality and easy to navigate.” (anonymous buyer)
- “This is an excellent resource that reinforces ELA skills such as finding information in text, summarizing, taking notes and highlighting important information. The activities are really effective, and the work pages are good also. I’m glad I have it.” (Donna W.)
- “This resource has made life so much easier for this first-time history teacher! I love how many activities are included and the passage and question sets make great work for the days my students are at home. I have had to do very little supplementing because the resource is so thorough.” (anonymous buyer)
- “This product is AMAZING! It is so well organized, and has everything you could need to teach US History I. We just had US History I moved to our grade level, and this is exactly what we needed to have materials to teach with! Thank you so much!” (anonymous buyer)
Need More U.S. History Units?
Click here to see my U.S. History Curriculum Part 2 (Reconstruction – Modern Era).
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.
There are no reviews yet.