Water Cycle Unit
This Water Cycle Unit will provide you with lots of fun, hands-on activities for teaching the water cycle and water sources! With everything you need in this unit, you will save lots of time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities.
To take a closer look at some of the activities included in this unit, click preview images at the top of the page.
What will students investigate with these lesson plans?
- The water cycle
- Evaporation, condensation, and precipitation
- The role of the sun in the water cycle
- How water supports life
- Different water sources (rivers, lakes, ponds, oceans, groundwater, reservoirs, and wells)
- Types of water pollution and ways to conserve water
What comes in this Water Cycle Unit?
- 6 Detailed lesson plans
- Entry/exit tickets
- Passage and questions
- Lots of engaging, hands-on activities and experiments
- 2 Sets of Word Wall Cards: One set of word wall cards with pictures and another set with only the term on each card.
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities and experiments included within this set and provides links to websites featuring videos of concepts being taught.
- Answer keys
What key terms are used throughout the unit?
- Water Cycle
- Water Vapor
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this Water Cycle Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This Water Cycle Unit closely aligns with most science standards related to teaching the water cycle and sources of water. It is also aligned with both the 2010 and 2018 Virginia science SOLs. It is aligned with science SOL 3.9 if using the 2010 standards and science SOL 3.7 if using the 2018 standards.
What are other buyers saying about this unit?
- “Worked great! All of it was aligned to VA SOL Standards and it helped to have directions and lesson pacing for parents to help their children.” (Jeff T.)
- “I discovered your science units earlier this school year. I am a Virginia 3rd grade teacher and can’t tell you how much your units have made teaching science easy and fun. These units provide absolutely everything I need to teach the standards and I appreciate that all the lessons lead perfectly to the assessments. My students are learning and performing well on the quizzes and tests. So thankful!” (Reagan M.)
- “Love this unit!!” (Jessica W.)
- “This unit was easy to use.” (Rebecca C.)
- “My kids enjoyed these lessons. Thanks.” (Debra C.)
- “Great for my third graders!” (Lauralee M.)
Want to save money?
This Water Cycle Unit is included in my 3rd Grade Science Unit Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t Miss Out!
This Water Cycle Unit is perfect if you are low on planning time or have no idea where to begin! Students will also have fun learning the information as they complete all of the activities!
More science resources:
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.
There are no reviews yet.