Virginia Resources Unit
Are you short on time and looking for activities to teach Virginia resources? This Virginia Resources Unit provides everything you need! You will save valuable planning time and your students will have fun while completing the hands-on activities within these lesson plans.
To take a closer look at some of the lessons and activities included in this unit, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will students investigate through these 6 detailed lesson plans?
- natural resources and man-made resources
- Virginia watersheds and water resources
- Virginia animals and plants
- Virginia minerals, rocks, ores, and energy sources
- Virginia forests, soil, and land
What comes in this Virginia Resources Unit?
- 12 worksheets
- 5 entry/exit tickets
- 4 hands-on activities
- 4 sorts and foldables
- 2 passages and comprehension questions
- 2 research-based activities
- 1 quiz
- 1 final test
- 2 Sets of Word Wall Cards: One set of word wall cards with pictures and another set with only the term on each card. 16 word wall cards total.
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities included within this set and provides links to websites featuring videos of concepts being taught.
- Answer keys
Are digital resources included?
The worksheets, entry/exit tickets, quiz, and test within this Virginia Resources Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This Virginia Resources Unit is specifically aligned with the 2018 Virginia science SOL 4.8.
If you are still using the 2010 science SOLs, this unit is aligned with SOL 4.9.
Don’t miss out!
These lesson plans are perfect for if you have to teach Virginia resources and are low on planning time or have no idea where to begin! Students will also have fun learning the information as they complete all of the activities!
More science resources:
- 4th Grade Science Unit Bundle
- 4th Grade Science Task Cards Bundle
- 4th Grade Science and Engineering Practices
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.