Electricity Study Guide and Review Worksheets
This Electricity Study Guide resource includes three versions– one completed study guide, one for student completion with review worksheets, and one digital study guide. This Electricity Study Guide will help students review the following science concepts: conductors and insulators, simple circuits, open and closed circuits, static electricity, electromagnets, and electrical energy transformations.
What concepts will students review with this Electricity Study Guide?
With this study guide, students will review:
- The meanings of important terms including conductor, insulator, open circuit, closed circuit, and electrical energy.
- Examples of conductors and insulators.
- The materials needed to construct a simple circuit.
- The similarities and differences between open circuits and closed circuits.
- What static electricity is and examples of static electricity.
- What an electromagnet is and the materials needed to construct an electromagnet.
- How to change the strength of an electromagnet.
- Examples of electrical energy transformations.
Click the “view preview” button near the top of the page to take a closer look at this Electricity Study Guide!
What formats of the study guide are provided?
Three versions of this Electricity Study Guide are included in this resource:
- Completed version- The Completed Study Guide is completely filled out. Just print and give to students.
- Study Guide for Student Completion- The Study Guide for Student Completion is similar to the Completed Study Guide but is missing some terms and includes questions for students to answer. This version also comes with two additional pages of questions related to the SOL. An answer key is provided for these pages.
- Digital Study Guide- The Digital Study Guide includes both the Completed Study Guide and the Study Guide for Student Completion in digital format (Google Slides). You can assign in Google Classroom or use this version with virtual or hybrid students
What science standards are covered?
This Electricity Study Guide is specifically created to align with the 2018 Virginia Science SOL 5.4 although it also aligns with most science standards related to electricity and electromagnets.
Don’t miss out!
This Electricity Study Guide is an easy, no-prep way to review science skills at the end of the unit or before state testing!
MORE SCIENCE RESOURCES:
- Electricity Unit
- Electricity Task Cards
- Electricity Escape Room
- Electricity Jeopardy Game
- 5th Grade Science Lessons Bundle
- 5th Grade Science Task Cards Bundle
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.
There are no reviews yet.