Ecosystems Study Guide and Review Worksheets
This Ecosystems Study Guide resource includes three versions– one completed study guide, one for student completion with review worksheets, and one digital study guide. This Ecosystems Study Guide will help students review the following science concepts: living and nonliving components in an ecosystem, food webs, the sun as the source of energy, life cycles, and dichotomous keys.
What concepts will students review with this Ecosystems Study Guide?
With this study guide, students will review:
- The meanings of important terms including ecosystem, population, community, habitat, niche, consumer, producer, decomposer, food web, and dichotomous key.
- Examples of living and nonliving components within an ecosystem.
- The purpose of food webs and how to read/analyze a food web.
- How changes to one part of a food web can affect other organisms within the food web.
- How the sun’s energy cycles throughout an ecosystem.
- An example of an animal life cycle and how the animal’s niche changes throughout the stages of its life cycle.
- How to use a dichotomous key to classify organisms.
Click the “view preview” button near the top of the page to take a closer look at this Ecosystems Study Guide!
What formats of the study guide are provided?
Three versions of this Ecosystems Study Guide are included in this resource:
- Completed version- The Completed Study Guide is completely filled out. Just print and give to students.
- Study Guide for Student Completion- The Study Guide for Student Completion is similar to the Completed Study Guide but is missing some terms and includes questions for students to answer. This version also comes with two additional pages of questions related to the SOL. An answer key is provided for these pages.
- Digital Study Guide- The Digital Study Guide includes both the Completed Study Guide and the Study Guide for Student Completion in digital format (Google Slides). You can assign in Google Classroom or use this version with virtual or hybrid students
What science standards are covered?
This Ecosystems Study Guide is specifically created to align with the 2018 Virginia Science SOL 4.3 although it also aligns with most science standards related to ecosystems and food webs.
Don’t miss out!
This Ecosystems Study Guide is an easy, no-prep way to review science skills at the end of the unit or before state testing!
WANT TO SAVE MONEY?
This science study guide is included in my 4th Grade Science SOL Study Guides Bundle for a discounted price. The bundle includes seven study guides to cover every 4th grade science SOL.
MORE SCIENCE RESOURCES:
- Ecosystems Unit
- Ecosystems Task Cards
- Ecosystems Escape Room
- Ecosystems Jeopardy Game
- 4th Grade Science Lesson Plans
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.