This Cells Unit will provide you with lots of fun, hands-on activities for teaching the parts and functions of plant and animal cells! With everything you need in this unit, you will save lots of time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities.
To take a closer look at some of the activities included in this unit, click preview images at the top of the page.
What will students investigate with these detailed lesson plans?
- What cells are
- The parts of a cell
- The functions of organelles
- The differences between plant and animal cells
What comes in this Cells Unit?
- 3 Detailed lesson plans
- Entry/exit tickets
- Lots of engaging, hands-on activities and experiments
- 2 Sets of Word Wall Cards: One set of word wall cards with pictures and another set with only the term on each card.
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities and experiments included within this set and provides links to websites featuring videos of concepts being taught.
- Answer keys
What key terms are used throughout the unit?
- Animal Cell
- Plant Cell
- Cell Wall
- Cell Membrane
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets and the test within this Cells Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This Cells Unit closely aligns with most science standards related to teaching plant and animal cells, although it is specifically aligned to the 2010 Virginia science SOLs (5.5a).
What other buyers are saying:
- “Great resource, very student-friendly.” (Melissa T.)
- “LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!” (Lara W.)
- “Great Resource!” (Rebecca A.)
- “Its well thought out.” (Kathy B.)
- “Great for homeschooling. My daughter really enjoyed using this, and it made learning about cells really fun.” (Laurel M.)
- “Love all of your products!” (Jean S.)
Don’t Miss Out!
This Cells Unit is perfect if you are low on planning time or have no idea where to begin! Students will also have fun learning the information as they complete all of the activities!
More science resources:
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.