This Plants Unit will provide you with lots of fun, hands-on activities for teaching the plant life cycle, plant parts, and plant adaptations! With everything you need in this unit, you will save lots of time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities.
To take a closer look at some of the activities included in this unit, click preview images at the top of the page.
What will students investigate with these detailed lesson plans?
- How plants grow in different climates and soils
- The parts of a seed and their functions
- The parts of both the inside and the outside of a plant
- Sexual and asexual reproduction
- Plant adaptations
What comes in this Plants Unit?
- 6 Detailed lesson plans
- Entry/exit tickets
- Observation books
- Passage with comprehension questions
- Lots of engaging, hands-on activities and experiments
- 2 Sets of Word Wall Cards: One set of word wall cards with pictures and another set with only the term on each card.
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities and experiments included within this set and provides links to websites featuring videos of concepts being taught.
- Answer keys
What key terms are used throughout the unit?
- Seed Coat
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this Plants Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This Plants Unit closely aligns with most science standards related to teaching the plant life cycle, plant parts, and plant adaptations, although it is specifically aligned to the 2010 Virginia science SOLs (4.4).
What are other buyers saying about this science unit?
- “Such a great resource! Will be back for other units!” (Shannon R.)
- “All of your units are great! This one is no exception! Thanks!” (Christa E.)
- “I love your science units! I have purchased quite a few of them and I am never disappointed!” (Joanne G.)
- “I love your science units. They include everything I need and work well with my county’s science kits. I especially love the timeline for each unit. It allows me to get some science time in an otherwise busy VA Studies year!” (Alicia L.)
- “Great information! Easy for students to understand.” (Sally H.)
- “Great resource for my classroom! Can’t wait to use it again this school year. Thank you!” (anonymous buyer)
Don’t Miss Out!
This Plants Unit is perfect if you are low on planning time or have no idea where to begin! Students will also have fun learning the information as they complete all of the activities!
More science activities:
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.