Forms of Energy Unit
Are you looking for engaging forms of energy lessons and activities? Look no further! This Forms of Energy Unit provides everything you need! Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities.
To take a closer look at some of the activities included in this unit, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will students investigate this Forms of Energy Unit?
- What energy is and characteristics of energy
- Forms of energy (light, sound, thermal, electrical, mechanical)
- Similarities and differences between the forms of energy
- How energy is transferred between objects
- How energy can change forms
- The law of conservation
What comes in this Forms of Energy Unit?
- 12 Task cards
- 9 Worksheets
- 4 Entry/exit tickets
- Forms of energy matching game
- Forms of energy book
- Lots of engaging, hands-on activities and experiments
- 2 Sets of Word Wall Cards: One set of word wall cards with pictures and another set with only the term on each card. 12 word wall cards total.
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities and experiments included within this set and provides links to websites featuring videos of concepts being taught.
- Answer keys
What are key terms used throughout the unit?
- Light Energy
- Sound Energy
- Thermal Energy
- Electrical Energy
- Mechanical Energy
- Kinetic Energy
- Potential Energy
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this Forms of Energy Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This Forms of Energy Unit closely aligns with most science standards related to teaching forms of energy, including NGSS (4-PS3-2, 4-PS3-3, and 4-PS3-4). The unit is also aligned with the 2018 Virginia science SOL 5.2.
What are other buyers saying?
- “Great resource to cover several forms of energy suitable for MAG class.” (Jennifer J.)
- “Awesome resource! Thank you!” (Jennifer H.)
- “Amazing and comprehensive resource with engaging activities!” (anonymous buyer)
- “So glad to have found this unit! Your units are such a great resource!” (anonymous buyer)
Want to save money?
This Forms of Energy Unit is included in my 5th Grade Science Unit Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t Miss Out!
This Forms of Energy Unit is perfect if you are low on planning time or have no idea where to begin! Students will also have fun learning the information as they complete all of the activities!
More science resources:
- Forms of Energy Task Cards
- Forms of Energy Jeopardy Game
- Forms of Energy Escape Room
- 5th Grade Science Task Cards Bundle
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.