Earth, Moon, and Sun Study Guide and Review Worksheets
This Earth, Moon, and Sun Study Guide resource includes three versions– one completed study guide, one for student completion with review worksheets, and one digital study guide. This Earth, Moon, and Sun Study Guide will help students review the following science concepts: the phases of the moon, day and night, the seasons, and the moon and tidal ranges.
What concepts will students review with this Earth, Moon, and Sun Study Guide?
With this study guide, students will review:
- The difference between rotation and revolution.
- What causes the phases of the moon.
- The phases of the moon including full moon, new moon, first quarter, and last quarter.
- How the Earth’s rotation results in day and night.
- How the Earth’s axial tilt and its revolution around the sun causes seasons.
- How the moon’s position in relation to the sun and the Earth is associated with tidal ranges.
- Models that show day and night, seasons, and tidal ranges.
- Characteristics of the Earth, moon, and sun.
Click the preview images near the top of the page to take a closer look at this Earth, Moon, and Sun Study Guide!
What formats of the study guide are provided?
Three versions of this Earth, Moon, and Sun Study Guide are included in this resource:
- Completed version- The Completed Study Guide is completely filled out. Just print and give to students.
- Study Guide for Student Completion- The Study Guide for Student Completion is similar to the Completed Study Guide but is missing some terms and includes questions for students to answer. This version also comes with two additional pages of questions related to the SOL. An answer key is provided for these pages.
- Digital Study Guide- The Digital Study Guide includes both the Completed Study Guide and the Study Guide for Student Completion in digital format (Google Slides). You can assign in Google Classroom or use this version with virtual or hybrid students
What science standards are covered?
This Earth, Moon, and Sun Study Guide is specifically created to align with the 2018 Virginia Science SOL 4.6 although it also aligns with most science standards related to the phases of the moon, day and night, the seasons, and the moon and tidal ranges.
Don’t miss out!
This Earth, Moon, and Sun Study Guide is an easy, no-prep way to review science skills at the end of the unit or before state testing!
WANT TO SAVE MONEY?
This science study guide is included in my 4th Grade Science SOL Study Guides Bundle for a discounted price. The bundle includes seven study guides to cover every 4th grade science SOL.
MORE SCIENCE RESOURCES:
- Solar System Unit
- Earth, Moon, and Sun Escape Room
- Earth, Moon, and Sun Jeopardy Game
- 4th Grade Science Lesson Plans
- 4th Grade Science Jeopardy Games
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.