Earth, Moon, and Sun Escape Room
Are you looking for a fun way to review the relationships between the Earth, moon, and sun? Look no further! This Earth, Moon, and Sun Escape Room has everything you need! Whether teaching remotely or in-person, this classroom escape room is easy to set up and students will have lots of fun reviewing what they have learned!
In this Earth, Moon, and Sun Escape Room students find themselves trapped! The only way to escape is for students to successfully complete six challenges that require them to use critical thinking skills as they review science concepts.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
Using these escape room activities, students will review important concepts about the Earth, moon, and sun. Topics covered:
- the motions of the Earth, moon, and sun
- the causes of Earth’s seasons
- the causes for the four major moon phases and the relationship to the tide cycles
- the relative size, age and makeup of Earth, the moon, and the sun
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- decoding information about the Earth, moon, and sun
- analyzing tide tables to answer questions and create a code
- identifying true statements about the Earth, moon, and sun
- solving math problems to create a code
- sorting and decoding information about the moon phases
- reading information about the seasons and answering questions to create a code
Is a digital version included?
This resource includes two versions of the escape room. The first version is a PDF escape room that can be completed in a classroom.
The second version is a digital escape room that can be completed in Google Forms. The digital escape room is self-checking so that students can review the answers to their work even when learning remotely.
What standards are covered?
This Earth, Moon, and Sun Escape Room is specifically aligned with the 2018 Virginia SOL 4.6 but also covers most standards related to weather.
Want to save money?
This classroom escape room is included in my 4th Grade Science Escape Room Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t miss out!
Students will love completing the activities in this Earth, Moon, and Sun Escape Room! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and implement whether in-person or virtually.
Other resources that may interest you:
- Solar System Unit
- Earth, Moon, and Sun Jeopardy Game
- Planets Task Cards
- 4th Grade Science Unit Bundle
- 4th Grade Science Task Cards Bundle
If you would like more information about using classroom escape rooms, check out my blog post “Create the Perfect Classroom Escape Room.”
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.