Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Activity – Escape Room
Are you looking for a fun way to review aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems? Look no further! This Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Activity – Escape Room has everything you need! Whether teaching remotely or in-person, this classroom escape room is easy to set up and students will have lots of fun reviewing types of ecosystems, food chains, producers, consumers, and decomposers!
In this Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Activity students find themselves trapped! The only way to escape is for students to successfully complete six challenges that require them to use critical thinking skills as they review science concepts.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will students learn with this escape room?
Using these escape room activities, students will review important concepts about aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems. Topics covered:
- Describe living and nonliving components in different types of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems.
- Compare plants and animals that compose aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems.
- Differentiate among producers, consumers, and decomposers and identify examples of each within aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems.
- Analyze a food chain that shows the flow of energy within an ecosystem.
- Identify the sun as the source of energy in food chains.
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- Analyze food chains and answer questions to create a code.
- Use a key to decode information about nonliving components in an ecosystem.
- Read a story about the flow of energy within an ecosystem and use a key to decode hidden information within the story.
- Sort organisms as consumers, producers, or decomposers.
- Use clues and riddles to determine what ecosystem is being described.
- Unscramble words to review important terms related to ecosystems.
Is a digital version included?
This resource includes two versions of the same escape room. The first version is a PDF escape room that can be completed in a classroom. I like to create centers with each activity and allow students to rotate through the centers. Additional suggestions for how to set up and use the escape room in the classroom are provided with the resource.
The second version is a digital escape room that can be completed in Google Forms. The digital escape room is self-checking so that students can review the answers to their work even when learning remotely.
What standards are covered?
This Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Activity – Escape Room is specifically aligned with the 2018 Virginia SOL 3.5 but also covers most standards related to ecosystems, food chains, producers, consumers, and decomposers.
Where can I find more science escape rooms?
This escape room is included in my 3rd Grade Science Escape Rooms Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t miss out!
Students will love completing this Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Activity – Escape Room! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and implement whether teaching in-person or virtually.
MORE SCIENCE RESOURCES:
- Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Unit
- Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Task Cards
- Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems Jeopardy-Style Game
- 3rd Grade Science Lessons Bundle
- 3rd Grade Science Task Cards Bundle
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.
There are no reviews yet.