World War II Unit
World War II Unit is a hands-on unit that combines history and language arts skills! Everything you need to teach a unit on WWII can be found in this unit!
What Will I Find in This World War II Unit?
This unit includes 8 detailed lesson plans. All lessons are hands-on and incorporate literacy skills. Students will investigate–
- the reasons for WWII
- Pearl Harbor and the reasons why the United States entered WWII
- the countries and leaders that were a part of the Allies and the Axis Powers
- comparing the Allied Powers and the Axis Powers
- changes on the American home front during WWII (economic changes, job creation, rationing)
- the roles different groups played during WWII (women, African Americans, American Indians)
- the treatment of Japanese Americans during WWII
- major events and battles that made up WWII
- the Holocaust
- the atomic bombs dropped on Japan
- how WWII ended and the outcomes of WWII
This World War II Unit also comes with:
- 16 Worksheets
- 9 Close Reading Passages & Comprehension Questions: All of the passages and questions can also be shared with students digitally and completed using Google Slides.
- 7 Group Activities
- 5 Entry/Exit Tickets
- 5 Research Activities
- 1 Sort
- 1 Interactive Classroom Timeline: Timeline features 13 different events for students to sort and identify.
- 1 Quiz
- 1 Final Test
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities included within this unit and provides links to websites featuring videos about concepts being taught.
- Answer keys included throughout
Students will become fully immersed in learning about World War II as they complete hands-on activities, watch video clips, and research past events!
Are Digital Resources Included?
All of the passages and comprehension questions within this World War II Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What Standards Are Covered?
While this World War II Unit is specifically aligned with Virginia U.S. History SOLs USII.7 and USII.8a-b, it also closely matches most U.S. History standards related to WWII.
What Are Other Buyers Saying?
“These resources are incredible!! You included EVERYTHING and then some!!! I bought one of these resources and after I saw what you included, I purchased all of your resources!!!” (Stephanie S.)
“This is amazing! Thank you so much for making this!”
Want to Save Money?
This World War II Unit is included in my U.S. History Part 2 Bundle for a discounted price!
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.