World Geography Escape Room
In World Geography Escape Room students find themselves trapped! The only way for students to escape is to successfully complete six challenges. Whether teaching in-person or virtually, this classroom escape room is easy to set up and students will have lots of fun reviewing what they have learned!
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
Challenges can be used to introduce students to or to help students review the continents and important geographical features. With these escape room activities, students will learn about:
- Africa (Nile River, Atlas Mountains, Sahara Desert)
- Asia (Huang He River, Himalaya Mountains, Gobi Desert)
- Europe (Mediterranean Sea, Alps Mountains, Italian Peninsula)
- North America (Mississippi River, Rio Grande, Rocky Mountains, Appalachian Mountains, Great Lakes)
- South America (Amazon River, Amazon Rainforest, Andes Mountains)
What escape room activities are included?
Challenges require students to use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- analyzing a world map and decoding clues
- solving math problems to reveal true facts about geographical features
- decoding messages to learn fun facts about world geography
- matching terms related to North American geography to a correct description
- sorting geographical features and matching them to the correct continent
Is a digital version included?
This resource includes two versions of the escape room. The first version is a PDF escape room that can be completed in a classroom.
The second version is a digital escape room that can be completed in Google Forms. The digital escape room is self-checking so that students can review the answers to their work even when learning remotely.
What standards are covered?
This escape room activity is aligned with the third-grade social studies SOL 3.6.
While the escape room is specifically aligned to the Virginia SOLs, it also closely matches most world geography standards.
This escape room is included in the 3rd Grade Social Studies Escape Rooms Bundle for a discounted price.
Don’t miss out!
Students will have fun learning more about world geography as they solve the challenges in this escape room activity! Teacher instructions are provided that explain how to set up and implement the activity in your classroom with minimal prep work.
More Social Studies Resources:
If you would like more information about using classroom escape rooms, check out my blog post “Create the Perfect Classroom Escape Room.”
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.