Whole Number Place Value Lessons
Are you looking for no-prep lessons and activities to teach place value and rounding? Look no further! These Whole Number Place Value Lessons provide everything you need to teach place value to the hundred millions place and rounding and comparing numbers to the millions place. Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities found in this unit.
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will students learn through these detailed lesson plans?
5 Detailed lesson plans are included to help students learn and practice the following skills–
- Read and write nine-digit whole numbers in standard form and written form.
- Identify the place and value for each digit in a nine-digit whole number.
- Compare two whole numbers expressed through the millions using symbols (>, <, =, or ≠) and/or words (greater than, less than, equal to, and not equal to).
- Order up to four whole numbers expressed through the millions from least to greatest and greatest to least.
- Round whole numbers expressed through millions to the nearest thousand, ten thousand, and hundred thousand place.
- Identify the range of numbers that round to a given thousand, ten thousand, and hundred thousand.
What comes in these Whole Number Place Value Lessons?
You will find the following included in this math unit–
- 5 Detailed Lesson Plans
- 12 Worksheets
- 8 Task Cards
- 6 Games
- 6 Exit Tickets
- 5 Anchor Charts
- 5 Sorts/Foldables
- Final Test
- Word Wall Cards
- Digital Activities for Google Slides
- Answer Keys
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the quiz, and the test within these Whole Number Place Value Lessons are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
These Whole Number Place Value Lessons are specifically created to align with Virginia math SOL 4.1 although the lessons and activities closely align with most math standards related to place value with up to hundred millions place and rounding and comparing numbers up to millions place.
Want to save money?
This math unit is included in my 4th Grade Math Lesson Plans Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t Miss Out!
These Whole Number Place Value Lessons require minimal prep work and are easy to implement whether teaching in-person or virtually. Students will also enjoy learning about place value, rounding, and comparing numbers as they play games, complete hands-on activities, and relate place value to real-world examples.
More Math Resources:
- Whole Number Place Value Task Cards
- Whole Number Place Value Activities for Google Slides
- 4th Grade Math Task Cards Bundle
- 4th Grade Math Interactive Notes Bundle
- 4th Grade Math Parent Study Guides
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.