What Dissolves in Water Unit
This What Dissolves in Water Unit will provide you with lots of fun, hands-on activities for teaching how solids and liquids mix with water and the effects of temperature on a solid dissolving in water! With everything you need in this unit, you will save lots of time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities.
To take a closer look at some of the activities included in this unit, click the preview images at the top of the page.
What will students investigate with these detailed lesson plans?
- How solids and liquids mix with water
- How solids dissolve faster in hot water compared to cold water
- How to classify solids based on their ability to dissolve in water
- How to classify liquids based on their ability to mix with water
What comes in this What Dissolves in Water Unit?
- 5 Detailed lesson plans
- Entry/exit tickets
- Lots of engaging, hands-on activities and experiments
- 2 Sets of Word Wall Cards: One set of word wall cards with pictures and another set with only the term on each card.
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities and experiments included within this set and provides links to websites featuring videos of concepts being taught.
- Answer keys
What key terms are used throughout the unit?
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this What Dissolves in Water Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This What Dissolves in Water Unit closely aligns with most science standards related to teaching how solids and liquids mix with water. It is also aligned with the 2018 Virginia science SOLs (SOL 3.3).
What are other buyers saying about this science unit?
- “This was an excellent resource with a significant amount of information. While I did not use all activities, my students enjoyed it.” (Holly G.)
- “My kids LOVED this unit. They were really engaged in the hands-on activities and helped to get them thinking about the material.” (Amanda B.)
- “My students haven’t ever been this excited for science. These lessons were great!” (Lesli T.)
- “So easy to use and walks students right through everything they need.” (Madelyn E.)
- “Another great resource for someone new to teaching 3rd Grade. Thank you!” (Tiana C.)
- “Fun and creative activities for hands-on learning.” (Heather M.)
- “Another incredible SOL aligned science unit! Thank you for making awesome products!” (Arianna T.)
Want to save money?
This What Dissolves in Water Unit is included in my 3rd Grade Science Unit Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t Miss Out!
This What Dissolves in Water Unit is perfect if you are low on planning time or have no idea where to begin! Students will also have fun learning the information as they complete all of the activities!
More science resources:
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.