What Dissolves in Water Study Guide and Review Worksheets
This What Dissolves in Water Study Guide resource includes three versions– one completed study guide, one for student completion with review worksheets, and one digital study guide. This What Dissolves in Water Study Guide will help students review the following science concepts: liquids that mix with water, solids that dissolve in water, and the effects of temperature on dissolving a solid.
What concepts will students review with this What Dissolves in Water Study Guide?
With this study guide, students will review:
- The meaning of dissolve and what happens when a substance dissolves in water.
- Liquids that do and do not mix with water.
- Solids that do and do not dissolve in water.
- The effect of water temperature on dissolving a solid.
Click the “view preview” button near the top of the page to take a closer look at this What Dissolves in Water Study Guide!
What formats of the study guide are provided?
Three versions of this What Dissolves in Water Study Guide are included in this resource:
- Completed version- The Completed Study Guide is completely filled out. Just print and give to students.
- Study Guide for Student Completion- The Study Guide for Student Completion is similar to the Completed Study Guide but is missing some terms and includes questions for students to answer. This version also comes with two additional pages of questions related to the SOL. An answer key is provided for these pages.
- Digital Study Guide- The Digital Study Guide includes both the Completed Study Guide and the Study Guide for Student Completion in digital format (Google Slides). You can assign in Google Classroom or use this version with virtual or hybrid students
What science standards are covered?
This What Dissolves in Water Study Guide is specifically created to align with the 2018 Virginia Science SOL 3.3 although it also aligns with most science standards related to how liquids and solids interact with water.
Don’t miss out!
This What Dissolves in Water Study Guide is an easy, no-prep way to review science skills at the end of the unit or before state testing!
WANT TO SAVE MONEY?
This science study guide is included in my 3rd Grade Science SOL Study Guides Bundle for a discounted price. The bundle includes seven study guides to cover every 3rd grade science SOL.
MORE SCIENCE RESOURCES:
- What Dissolves in Water? Unit
- What Dissolves in Water? Jeopardy Game
- 3rd Grade Science Lesson Plans
- 3rd Grade Science Jeopardy Games Bundle
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.