Virginia Studies: Government, Geography, & Economics Unit
Virginia Studies: Government, Geography, and Economics Unit is a hands-on unit that combines history and language arts skills. Everything you need to teach a unit about modern Virginia government, geography, and economics can be found here!
For a closer look at the activities in this unit, see the product video and images at the top of the page!
What skills are covered in this Virginia Studies Unit?
This Virginia Studies: Government, Geography, and Economics Unit includes 5 detailed lesson plans. All lessons are hands-on and incorporate literacy skills. Students will investigate–
- The functions of Virginia’s three branches of government
- Advancements in transportation, communications, and technology and how those advancements have helped Virginia to grow
- Virginia’s major products and industries
What is included in this Virginia Studies Unit?
This Virginia Studies: Government, Geography, and Economics Unit also comes with:
- 7 Worksheets
- 4 Entry/Exit Tickets
- 4 Sorts/Foldables
- 3 Close Reading Passages & Comprehension Questions: All of the passages and questions can also be shared with students digitally and completed using Google Slides.
- 3 Hands-On Activities: Hands-on activities include creating posters and videos about Virginia.
- 3 Group Activities
- 1 Writing Activity
- 1 Research Project
- 1 Song: Song can be used to help students learn Virginia’s products and industries.
- 1 Quiz
- 1 Final Test
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities included within this unit and provides links to websites featuring videos about concepts being taught.
- Answer keys included throughout
Students will become fully immersed in learning about Virginia’s government, geography, and economics as they complete hands-on activities, watch video clips, and complete a project!
Are digital activities included?
All of the passages and comprehension questions, most worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this Virginia Studies: Government, Geography, and Economics Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides. Video tutorials are also included to help you share interactive Google Slides with your students.
What standards are covered?
This unit is specifically aligned with Virginia Studies SOL VS.10. The unit has been updated to reflect the 2015 changes to the standard.
What are other buyers saying?
- “I love all the units I have bought from you. I’m new to teaching VA Studies and I enjoyed the variation of activities provided. I also like the articles and questions. I use them to allow students to work in pairs. The fact that you have a Google version of the articles worked when we had to finish school online. Thanks!” (Jessica C.)
- “Love your units!” (Alma C.)
- “Worth every penny!” (Mrs. V)
- “Amazing! Love your stuff!” (anonymous buyer)
- “Loved it!” (Callie C.)
Want to save money?
This Virginia Studies: Government, Geography, and Economics Unit is included in my Virginia Studies Curriculum Bundle for a discounted price!
More Virginia Studies resources:
- Virginia Studies: Government and Economics Escape Room
- Virginia Studies: Government, Geography, and Economics Task Cards
- Virginia Studies Escape Room Bundle
- Virginia Studies Task Cards Bundle
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.