Virginia Indians Unit
Virginia Studies: Virginia Indians Unit is a hands-on unit that combines history and language arts skills. Everything you need to teach a unit about the history of American Indians in Virginia found here!
For a closer look at the activities in this unit, see the product video and images at the top of the page!
What skills are covered in this Virginia Studies unit?
This unit includes 6 detailed lesson plans. All lessons are hands-on and incorporate literacy skills. Students will investigate–
- The three major American Indian language groups in Virginia
- How the American Indians related to Virginia’s climate and environment
- How the American Indians of the past found food, shelter, and clothing
- What an artifact is and how artifacts have helped archaeologists learn about former American Indian tribes
- Evidence discovered at Werowocomoco and Jamestown
- The lives of American Indians in Virginia today compared to hundreds of years ago
What is included in this Virginia Studies unit?
This Virginia Studies: Virginia Indians Unit comes with:
- 12 Worksheets
- 6 Entry/Exit Tickets
- 5 Close Reading Passages & Comprehension Questions: All of the passages and questions can also be shared with students digitally and completed using Google Slides.
- 4 Sorts/Foldables
- 4 Hands-On Activities: Hands-on activities include creating posters and videos about Virginia.
- 3 Group Activities
- 1 Writing Activity
- 1 Research Project
- 1 Quiz
- 1 Final Test
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities included within this unit and provides links to websites featuring videos about concepts being taught.
- Answer keys included throughout
Students will become fully immersed in learning about American Indians in Virginia as they complete hands-on activities, watch video clips, and complete a project!
Are digital activities included?
All of the passages and comprehension questions, most worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this Virginia Studies: Virginia Indians Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides. Video tutorials are also included to help you share interactive Google Slides with your students.
What standards are covered?
This unit is specifically aligned with Virginia Studies SOL VS.2d, e, f, and g. The unit has been updated to reflect the 2015 changes to the standard.
What are other buyers saying?
- “Very thorough and aligned with Virginia Standards for the whole unit. Thank you!” (Jennifer J.)
- “AMAZING resource! Thank you!” (Sarah B.)
- “Great resource! Saved me so much time.” (Heather S.)
- “So helpful! My first year teaching 4th … a tremendous time saver! Thank you!” (Dianne L.)
- “I love all your Virginia Studies products.” (Cheryl G.)
- “Your products are a lifesaver!” (Rebecca R.)
- “Have already purchased your VA geography unit. Love both of them! I will be purchasing your other VA units. They are great!!” (Angela F.)
Want to save money?
This Virginia Indians Unit is included in my Virginia Studies Curriculum Bundle for a discounted price!
More Virginia Studies resources:
- Virginia Indians Escape Room
- Virginia Indians Task Cards
- Virginia Studies Escape Room Bundle
- Virginia Studies Task Cards Bundle
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.
There are no reviews yet.