Are you looking for no-prep lessons and activities to teach time? Look no further! These Time Lessons provide everything you need to teach telling time, elapsed time, and equivalent time relationships. Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities found in this unit.
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will students learn through these detailed lesson plans?
6 Detailed lesson plans are included to help students learn and practice the following skills–
- Tell time to the nearest minute, using analog and digital clocks.
- Match a written time to a time shown on analog and digital clocks to the nearest minute.
- Solve practical problems related to elapsed time in one-hour increments, within a 12-hour period (within a.m. or within p.m.). When given the start and end time, find the elapsed time. When given the start time and elapsed time, find the end time. When given the elapsed time and end time, find the start time.
- Identify the number of minutes in an hour and the number of hours in a day.
- Identify equivalent relationships observed in a calendar, including the approximate number of days in a given month, the number of days in a week, the number of days in a year, and the number of months of a year.
- Solve practical problems related to equivalent periods of time.
What comes in these Time Lessons?
You will find the following included in this math unit–
- 6 Detailed Lesson Plans
- 16 Task Cards
- 11 Worksheets
- 10 Games
- 6 Anchor Charts
- 5 Exit Tickets
- 3 Foldables/Manipulatives
- Final Test
- Word Wall Cards
- Digital Activities for Google Slides
- Answer Keys
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the quiz, and the test within these Time Lessons are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
These Time Lessons are specifically created to align with Virginia math SOL 3.9 although the lessons and activities closely align with most math standards related to telling time, elapsed time, and equivalent time relationships.
Don’t Miss Out!
These Time Lessons require minimal prep work and are easy to implement whether teaching in-person or virtually. Students will also enjoy learning about time as they play games, complete hands-on activities, and relate time to real-world examples.
More Math Resources:
- Time Task Cards
- 3rd Grade Math Task Cards Bundle
- 3rd Grade Math Parent Study Guides
- 3rd Grade Math Interactive Notes
Looking for math lessons for the entire school year? This unit is included in my 3rd Grade Math Lessons Bundle, which features 14 detailed math units at a discounted price.
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.