Thanksgiving ELA Activities
This Thanksgiving ELA Activities resource provides 7 activities to use during your language arts class. With these Thanksgiving activities, students will practice reading and comprehension skills as they learn about the history of Thanksgiving.
What Thanksgiving ELA activities are included?
This resource includes:
- 1 Passage with Comprehension Questions: This two-page passage includes information about how Thanksgiving was started, how the holiday has changed throughout the years, and how it is celebrated today. Six open-ended comprehension questions and an answer key are included with the passage.
- 4 Worksheets: Worksheets include a word search, cause and effect activity, Thanksgiving vocabulary activity, and a comparison of how Thanksgiving has been celebrated throughout the years.
- 1 Game: Students will play a game to see how many new words they can create with the letters used in “Thanksgiving.”
- 1 Foldable Book
Can any of the activities be completed digitally?
In this resource, you will find the Thanksgiving passage, questions, and worksheets in both PDF and digital format. When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides. The foldable and game are only offered in PDF format.
How can I use this Thanksgiving resource in my classroom?
There are many ways to use these Thanksgiving ELA activities. Examples include centers, morning work, or guided instruction.
More Thanksgiving Teaching Resources:
- Charlie Brown Thanksgiving ELA Activity Pack
- Thanksgiving Math Activity: Thanksgiving Dinner on a Budget
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.
There are no reviews yet.