Simple Machines Study Guide and Review Worksheets
This Simple Machines Study Guide resource includes three versions– one completed study guide, one for student completion with review worksheets, and one digital study guide. This Simple Machines Study Guide will help students review the following science concepts: force, simple machines, and compound machines.
What concepts will students review with this Simple Machines Study Guide?
With this study guide, students will review:
- The definitions of “force” and “friction.”
- Examples of pushing forces and pulling forces.
- The six types of simple machines (lever, inclined plane, wedge, wheel and axle, screw, pulley) and examples of each.
- Examples of compound machines.
Click the “view preview” button near the top of the page to take a closer look at this Simple Machines Study Guide!
What formats of the study guide are provided?
Three versions of this Simple Machines Study Guide are included in this resource:
- Completed version- The Completed Study Guide is completely filled out. Just print and give to students.
- Study Guide for Student Completion- The Study Guide for Student Completion is similar to the Completed Study Guide but is missing some terms and includes questions for students to answer. This version also comes with two additional pages of questions related to the SOL. An answer key is provided for these pages.
- Digital Study Guide- The Digital Study Guide includes both the Completed Study Guide and the Study Guide for Student Completion in digital format (Google Slides). You can assign in Google Classroom or use this version with virtual or hybrid students
What science standards are covered?
This Simple Machines Study Guide is specifically created to align with the 2018 Virginia Science SOL 3.2.
Don’t miss out!
This Simple Machines Study Guide is an easy, no-prep way to review science skills at the end of the unit or before state testing!
MORE SCIENCE RESOURCES:
- Simple Machines Unit
- Simple Machines Task Cards
- Simple Machines Escape Room
- Simple Machines Jeopardy Game
- 3rd Grade Science Lesson Plans
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.
There are no reviews yet.