Regions of Virginia Unit
Regions of Virginia Unit is a hands-on unit that combines history and language arts skills! Everything you need to teach a unit about the geography of Virginia can be found here!
For a closer look at the activities in this unit, see the preview images at the top of the page!
What skills are covered in this Virginia Studies unit?
This Regions of Virginia Unit includes 6 detailed lesson plans. All lessons are hands-on and incorporate literacy skills. Lessons cover topics relating to Virginia geography such as—
- Locating Virginia and its bordering states
- Locating and describing Virginia’s five regions including the geography, products, and industries of each region
- Locating and describing major water features in Virginia
What is included in this Virginia Studies unit?
This Regions of Virginia Unit comes with:
- 23 Word Wall Cards
- 10 Worksheets
- 5 Close Reading Passages & Comprehension Questions: All of the passages and questions can also be shared with students digitally and completed using Google Slides.
- 5 Hands-On Activities: Hands-on activities include creating 3D maps and creating a video.
- 5 Entry/Exit Tickets
- 2 Sorts
- 3 Group Activities
- 1 Song: The song is used to help students learn the products and industries.
- 1 Research Project: Students show what they have learned about Virginia Geography by becoming tourism agents and creating an ad campaign for the state.
- Final Test
- Suggested Timeline for Completing Activities
- Answer Keys for All Activities
Students will become fully immersed in learning about the geography of Virginia as they complete hands-on activities, watch video clips, and research past events!
Are digital activities included?
All of the passages and comprehension questions, most worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this Regions of Virginia Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides. Video tutorials are also included to help you share interactive Google Slides with your students.
What standards are covered?
This unit is specifically aligned with Virginia Studies SOL VS.2a-c and VS.10b. The unit has been updated to reflect the 2015 changes to the standard.
What are other buyers saying?
- “What a great resource! This package has saved me hours of gathering activities for my 4th graders. Thank you so much!” (Dianne L.)
- “I love all of your products! I love how you break down the SOLs and include a mix of worksheets, hands-on tasks, quizzes, and tests!” (Lauren M.)
- “Easily the best purchase I’ve ever made. My kids loved it and planning was a breeze because of this.” (Callie G.)
- “This is a WONDERFUL product! The lessons were well thought out and it follows the new VA SOL standards nicely!” (Felicia C.)
- “Top-notch resource! Exactly what I needed for my 4th grader! Thanks for your hard work!!” (Christy H.)
- “This was extremely helpful and such a time saver!” (Cassi W.)
- “Phenomenal resource!” (Melanie M.)
- “Your products are way better than the textbook!” (Rebecca R.)
- “Thank you! I’m excited to have resources that will also work for google classroom!” (Saundra B.)
Want to save money?
This Regions of Virginia Unit is included in my Virginia Studies Curriculum Bundle for a discounted price!
More Virginia Studies resources:
- Regions of Virginia Escape Room
- Regions of Virginia Task Cards
- Virginia Studies Escape Room Bundle
- Virginia Studies Task Cards Bundle
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.