Probability Unit Plans
Are you looking for no-prep lessons and activities to teach probability and sample spaces? Look no further! These Probability Unit Plans provide everything you need to teach probability with tree diagrams, lists, charts, and the Fundamental (Basic) Counting Principle. Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities found in this unit.
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will students learn through these detailed lesson plans?
5 Detailed lesson plans are included to help students learn and practice the following skills–
- Construct a sample space, using a tree diagram to identify all possible outcomes.
- Construct a sample space, using a list or chart to identify all possible outcomes.
- Determine the probability of an outcome by constructing a sample space. The sample space will have a total of 24 or fewer equally likely possible outcomes.
- Determine the number of possible outcomes by using the Fundamental (Basic) Counting Principle.
- Use fractions and words to describe the probability of an outcome.
What comes in these Probability Unit Plans?
You will find the following included in this math unit–
- 5 Detailed Lesson Plans
- 25 Worksheets
- 8 Task Cards
- 4 Exit Tickets
- 3 Games
- 2 Sorts/Foldables
- Final Test
- Word Wall Cards
- Digital Activities for Google Slides
- Answer Keys
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the quiz, and the test within these Probability Unit Plans are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
These Probability Unit Plans are specifically created to align with Virginia math SOL 5.15 although the lessons and activities closely align with most math standards related to probability.
Don’t Miss Out!
These Probability Unit Plans require minimal prep work and are easy to implement whether teaching in-person or virtually. Students will also enjoy learning about probability and sample spaces as they play games, complete hands-on activities, and relate probability to real-world examples.
More Math Resources:
- Probability Task Cards
- Probability Activities for Google Slides
- 5th Grade Math Task Cards Bundle
- 5th Grade Math Activities for Google Slides
- 5th Grade Math Parent Study Guides
- 5th Grade Math Interactive Notes
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.