Probability Lesson Plans 4th Grade
Are you looking for no-prep lessons and activities to teach probability? Look no further! These Probability Lesson Plans provide everything you need to teach determining probability, describing the degree of likelihood, and making lists to determine the total number of possible outcomes. Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities found in this unit.
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview images at the top of the page!
What will students learn through these detailed lesson plans?
5 Detailed lesson plans are included to help students learn and practice the following skills–
- Model and determine all possible outcomes of a given simple event where there are no more than 24 possible outcomes, using a variety of manipulatives.
- Determine the outcome of an event that is least likely to occur or most likely to occur where there are no more than 24 possible outcomes.
- Write the probability of a given simple event as a fraction, where there are no more than 24 possible outcomes.
- Determine the likelihood of an event occurring and relate it to its whole number or fractional representation (e.g., impossible or zero; equally likely; certain or one).
- Create a model or practical problem to represent a given probability.
What comes in these Probability Lesson Plans?
You will find the following included in this math unit–
- 5 Detailed Lesson Plans
- 28 Task Cards
- 20 Worksheets
- 4 Exit Tickets
- 3 Games
- 2 Anchor Charts
- 1 Sort
- Final Test
- Word Wall Cards
- Digital Activities for Google Slides
- Answer Keys
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the sort, and the test within these Probability Lesson Plans are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
These Probability Lesson Plans are specifically created to align with Virginia math SOL 4.13 although the lessons and activities closely align with most math standards related to probability and degree of likelihood.
Want to save money?
This math unit is included in my 4th Grade Math Lesson Plans Bundle for a discounted price!
Don’t Miss Out!
These Probability Lesson Plans require minimal prep work and are easy to implement whether teaching in-person or virtually. Students will also enjoy learning about probability and degree of likelihood as they play games, complete hands-on activities, and relate probability to real-world examples.
More math resources:
- Probability Task Cards
- Probability Digital Activities
- 4th Grade Math Task Cards Bundle
- 4th Grade Math Interactive Notes Bundle
- 4th Grade Math Parent Study Guides
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.