Measurement Unit Third Grade
Are you looking for no-prep lessons and activities to teach measurement? Look no further! This Measurement Unit provides everything you need to teach estimating and measuring length, liquid volume, and temperature in U.S. Customary and metric units! Save time planning and your students will love completing the hands-on activities found in this unit.
To take a closer look at some of the things included in this unit, check out the preview images at the top of this page!
What will students learn through these detailed lesson plans?
8 Detailed lesson plans are included to help students learn and practice the following skills–
- Estimate and use U.S. Customary and metric units to measure lengths of objects to the nearest ½ inch, inch, foot, yard, centimeter, and meter.
- Determine the actual measure of length using U.S. Customary and metric units to measure objects to the nearest ½ inch, inch, foot, yard, centimeter, and meter.
- Estimate and use U.S. Customary and metric units to measure liquid volume to the nearest cup, pint, quart, gallon, and liter.
- Determine the actual measure of liquid volume using U.S. Customary and metric units to measure to the nearest cup, pint, quart, gallon, and liter.
- Read Celsius and Fahrenheit temperatures to the nearest degree using thermometers and pictorial representations.
What comes in this Measurement Unit?
You will find the following included in this math unit–
- 8 Detailed Lesson Plans
- 24 Worksheets
- 24 Task Cards
- 10 Exit Tickets
- 3 Sorts
- 2 Games
- 2 Quizzes
- Final Test
- Word Wall Cards
- Digital Activities for Google Slides
- Answer Keys
Are digital resources included?
Some worksheets, the sorts, the quizzes, and the test within this Measurement Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student’s completed version of the slides.
What standards are covered?
This Measurement Unit was specifically created to align with Virginia math SOLs 3.7 and 3.10 although the lessons and activities closely align with most math standards related to estimating and measuring length, liquid volume, and temperature using U.S. Customary and metric units.
Don’t Miss Out!
This Measurement Unit requires minimal prep work and is easy to implement whether teaching in-person or virtually. Students will also enjoy learning about measurement as they play games, complete hands-on activities, and relate units of measurement to real-world examples.
More Math Resources:
- Measurement Task Cards
- 3rd Grade Math Task Cards Bundle
- 3rd Grade Math Parent Study Guides
- 3rd Grade Math Interactive Notes
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). All sales are final.